Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elptacek

Surviving a gut remodel, part 2

byzantine
9 years ago

First, I must apologise for being too lazy to go through my first post to give specific credit to the folks whose suggestions have worked for me. And really, it's not that I'm lazy, just that this is the first time I've sat down for more than an hour in 2 days.

We could not find a wire shelf on wheels, but we found two wire carts on wheels. We put the toaster oven on one and the microwave on the other, and the shelves are holding dry goods. They are awesome because we can roll them to the power instead of having to snake power to them, and also because we can put microwaveable things under the microwave and toastable things under the toaster. And if we need to move them out of the way of the remodeling, they roll.

Another thing that I stumbled on: bus bins. I've only bought one, but am going to order a second. They're really good for toting dishes up and down stairs for washing, and the dishes can be washed in the bins. Much better than the 5gal bucket I started out with.

The slow cooker has been the single most valuable thing of everything suggested. We hadn't used ours in such a long time that I'd forgotten the utility of it. So far we've made carnitas, chicken paprikash, roast beef, adobo chicken, meatballs and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. Set it up in the morning, it runs all day, roll it up in a tortilla/dump it on noodles or rice/stuff it in a bun at night.

Thanks to all of your suggestions, my husband remarked just the other day that he's now completely adapted to living without a kitchen. You are all AWESOME. Like pies are awesome.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022