Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Problems with Kashmir White Granite???

Posted by janellejoy (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 15:21

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have found that there is so much great info on here that I thought this would be the best place to ask my granite question....

I'm looking at Kashmir White and Bianco Romano granite for my white kitchen. I'm doing a white shaker cabinets and wood tile flooring. I personally Love the kashmir white, but I'm seeing conflicting information on it. I have heard that it stains very easily and that when oil is spilled on it, it can leave a permanent dark spot. Anyone who has this granite, can you tell me if you've had any issues.

My other choice of Bianco Romano won't have this staining issue as much, but I'm not finding any slabs that I love as much as the Kashmir white.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Problems with Kashmir White Granite???

I have Kashmir White and I had it sealed upon install last spring. Other than that, I haven't done any other maintainance, though now that I think about it I should probably re-seal.

I'm not particularly careful with it. I have spilled blue food coloring, droped and broke a bottle of olive oil, and left plenty of glasses out overnight.

I han't had any problems cleaning and there are no stains. I have noticed that it takes several hours for the condensation rings to fade, but everything goes back to normal.

o

I have a Kashmir Gold which is really on the light side. No problems at all in 1-1/2 years. It came with a "lifetime" seal, which seems to mean 15 years. If you keep your surface sealed, you shouldn't have any trouble with oils or other stains.

photo Granite15.jpg

o

Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that both of you haven't had any huge problems. It's such a beautiful granite and after hours and hours of searching for my perfect white granite, I kind of have my heart set on it! I'm going back to AZ tile tomorrow to make my final decision.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here