Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cflaherty_gw

Why am I the only one that cant figure out how to post a picture?

cflaherty
13 years ago

I have read the directions about posting messages but can not figure out how to post a link or picture to a message? Any specific advice?

Comments (28)

• wallycat
    13 years ago

I am in your camp.
    I created a photobucket account and upload my pix from picasa there and just put a link from photobucket (my album) here. I wish I knew how to post the actual picture.
    I can do one, but not sure how to do more than one.

• marsee
    13 years ago

I'm not sure what you tried but I uploaded a picture to photobucket then copied and pasted the html code into the message box on garden web.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

You read the instructions in Buehl's " Read Me if Youre New" thread? What can't you understand? (I'm not saying that in a mean way.) Are your photos getting into Photobucket alright? Can you copy the photo's coding correctly? Make sure you use Buehl's coding also from the thread.

• cflaherty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Breezygirl, yes i read that but when i go to post a message where is the space for the link? I have all my pics in photobucket.

• kngwd
    13 years ago

When you open the pix in Photobucket, click the line "html" and the code should copy. When you copy it into your posting, it will only show the code (this threw me off the 1st time!!), but then when you hit "preview message" at the bottom of your post, you should see the picture and not the code text anymore. HTH!!

• ghostlyvision
    13 years ago

To post a picture you paste the HTML link into the message window where you want the picture to be, for posting just a clickable link, paste it into the box below the message window (where it says 'Optional Link URL' and give the link a name in the 'Name of Link' box below that).

• SusieQusie60
    13 years ago

If your pictures are in Photobucket do this:

In your album, put your cursor over a picture. Does a box come up underneath with 4 different "lines" and "boxes" - one of them being the htlm code? If so, copy the code that appears in the box. (If I click on the box it automatically copies it) Then, go back to your post here, and right in the message you are actually typing, paste in the code.

When you are typing the message, what you paste will look like gibberish. When you preview it, it will be a picture: Viola -

I work on a Mac, but hopefully what I said holds true for a PC too....let me know.

SQ

• frmrsdghtr
    13 years ago

There is no space for the link. You copy the html code right into your message. When you hit preview the code will then show as the picture.

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

TMI - I recently figured this out, so here is my step-by-step

1. Go to your photobucket and select the picture you want

2. When you select the picture, you'll see the codes on the right side of the screen
    -email and im
    -direct link
    -html code
    -img code

3. move the cursor over the html code space, and you'll see the pointy finger

4. click the finger and you'll see the code go away and the word copied - the code will come right back

5. go to your GW message and paste the code. You can right click the mouse or control v to paste the hmtl code

6. you're not going to see a picture yet, just the long code

7. repeat until you have posted all of the photos you want by pasting the html code for each one

8. click preview just like when you finish any other post

9. click submit

you will see your pictures in your message.

• cflaherty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

How about this?

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

Nope - you're posting the link for the page in photobucket, not the html code for the picture.

go back to your photobucket, and, trust me, if you follow my step-bystep, you'll have a picture when you click preview. If there's no picture in preview, try again.

The html code is loooooooooong - like five or six lines; it's not a little link like this one.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

It worked the second time!

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

open the picture you want to post first. codes are on the right side.

click the box that says html code (you'll get the finger). on my computer the box turns yellow and says copied before going back tot he code.

paste that in your message.

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

• cangelmd
    13 years ago

I still can't get it to work, I get "Message Rejected" every time. Could it be truncating the HTML, because it doesn't appear to be several lines long when I copy it.

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

I got message rejected when I was posting here because I had too many messages in the same thread. Try changing the subject of posting line to something different.

I don't think it's the code because I tried deleting part of the code to show what it looks like and still got the picture.

Make sure you click the html code on the right side when you open the picture. try again and we'll see.

• cangelmd
    13 years ago

Let's see if this works - YAY!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Did you get message rejected when you started a new thread? Did you have a title in the subject line? I've never had a message rejected because my photo coding was wrong. It happens to me for 3 reasons:

1. when you reply to a thread too soon after posting a comment. Go back to your message and type something different in the subject line, hit preview, then hit submit.

2. when you didn't type anything in the subject line. Go back and type something in the subject line, hit preview, then hit submit.

3. when you put something in the "Optional Link URL" box but didn't type anything in the "name of the Link" box. Go back, type something in the box, hit preview, then submit.

You are NOT posting your pic in the "Optional Link URL" box. You should be pasting it into the "Mesage" box along with your typed words.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

You did it Cangel!

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

YAY!!!! You did it. Maybe you can explain exactly what you did in your own words. It will probably help someone in this thread, the other one, or in the future.

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

Cangel - can you tell me about the picture you posted. I really love the colors and the painterly style.

• cangelmd
    13 years ago

Have to follow the instructions exactly. It is NOT like posting a "click on" link. The click on links get posted in the "Optional Link URL" box and are named. To put a picture directly into the message, the URL has to be pasted directly into the body of your message, not in the box. Why? I have no idea, and that's part of why it took me awhile to get it to work, I approach computers with the "I can figure this out mentality" and don't read the directions - don't tell DH, cause that's what I fuss on him about!

• cangelmd
    13 years ago

Here is a link to the painter. The picture was D** expensive, at least for us, but it is a picture of a place that means a great deal to us, the Western Lake, and it was a donation.

The colors are lovely, it is a three-dimensional painting, he builds up the trees and clouds with layers of paint.

Here is a link that might be useful: Justin Gaffrey

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

Thanks for the link Cangel. His work is amazing. I'm a huge fan of Jaline Pol, but she's so popular (expensive) now, I know I'll never be able to buy another of her paintings.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

OK, I need help now. I see the html code for my entire album, but when I select only one photo, it gives me email/IM and IMG options only. Where can I find the HTML for a single photo?

• greenhousems
    12 years ago

Wow,,,just followed your instructions ae2ga and at long last I have an image.. Thanks:) I must hold the record for the GW'r who is the most challenged photo poster !! Here at last I can show everyone what I am in the middle of... the DR/Kitchen is opened up with the wall removed.

• greenhousems
    12 years ago

posting one more pic here.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH