Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geomeg_gw

Backsplash help...

geomeg
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm considering this backsplash for my kitchen. My cabinets are up but not the counter which will be White macaubas.

This is a picture of the color of the cabs, a piece of the counter and a Walker Zanger tile from the Tuileries line in the colour loire.
It is not the right shape, I will probably choose the 2 by 7 brick instead.

What do you think?

This post was edited by geomeg on Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 15:19

Comments (31)

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is another pic. Of course I will wait until my counter is in before deciding.

• kam76
    11 years ago

I like the crackly finish. It is reading blue on my monitor is that what you are going for? I personally think that would look nice but I am by no means an expert.

• Tricia21
    11 years ago

really like it

• msrose
    11 years ago

love it!

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wanted some type of blue-green colour. It looks great with the cabinet colour, I'm crossing my fingers it will look good with the counter.

The white macaubas from the granite yard has some blue in it...

• Gooster
    11 years ago

I've seen the Loire samples before and I think the color will really help pull out the colors in your slab. I really love the whole Tuilleries line.

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gooster I'm glad to hear that. I really love the sample.
    I'm getting a sample in the brick 2 by 7 as well, which is the size I'm thinking of doing.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Oooh love those colors especially if the tile really is as greenish as it looks in the first pic...which looks completely different in the 2nd! Love the crackle and brick shape too.
    Can you please tell me what color the cabs are and what door style you used? Oh please, how 'bout a "sneek peak"? You're playing with some of my favorites and I'd love to see more! Thanks.

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Island- I don't know the color of the cabs, it was one of the samples the contractor had. The cabs are a shaker with a bevel inside. The color of the tile reads greenish blue.

My kitchen is really tiny, I have a thread about scratches during install where there are some pics. Im on my phone right now so can't post more pics.

This post was edited by geomeg on Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 1:00

• buildinva
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Thanks geomed. I too have a small kitchen. Go back and forth about expanding, but it's so efficient. Just want a a little style and maybe that can be had in a small package. Looking forward to seeing yours. When you get time would appreciate it if you could post the link to your other thread so I can see your pics. I'm also looking at Shaker-ish cabs. Thanks.

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Island here is the thread, there is one pic of the cabs up. We don't have counters yet and there's still stuff they haven't finished. The kitchen really is small especially compared to the kitchens here on GW, lol.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0407465810781.html?17

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Would I regret picking a color like this for backsplash? Would picking a cream color be better long term?
    I'm so torn, because I really love the blue but I usually go with "safe" choices.

• Doba
    10 years ago

Hi Geomeg. What did you choose for your backsplash? I am considering the Loire with Frosty Carrina and I had my white cabs installed this week? The Loire looks so nice.

• geomeg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did end up choosing the Loire. It's a really pretty tile.
    I think it would look great with your counter choice.
    My counter is on the greyer side and I think the tile would look even better with a lighter counter.

I'll try and post a pic.

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

Is your kitchen finished? Yes, pictures please!

• msrose
    10 years ago

We're still waiting!!! :)

• Peke
    10 years ago

Ditto!

• geomeg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol! Unfortunately my kitchen is not a huge fabulous GW kitchen ! Just a tiny little kitchen!!!!
    Her is a pic from my iPhone ...

• geomeg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another pic...We haven't painted the walls yet...

This post was edited by geomeg on Mon, May 27, 13 at 10:33

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

Duplicate post deleted.

This post was edited by island on Mon, May 27, 13 at 13:25

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

"Unfortunately"? NOT. Your kitchen is beautiful and I'd love to see more. Please!
    I'm sure there are many on GW who don't have enormous kitchens, me included, and these are the kitchens I find most inspirational because you prove function and style does come in small packages. I love your colors, choice of materials and how well they blend and that backsplash is just gorgeous.
    Please post a final reveal with more pictures for a better view of the layout and of course all the product details. Love it, want it!

BTW, did you end up going with the 2"x 7" tile? Great choice whatever it is.

This post was edited by island on Mon, May 27, 13 at 13:29

• rkb21
    10 years ago

The blue backsplash is beautiful...it's such a serene color. It would be great to see the rest of the kitchen. Enjoy your new space!

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Duplicate

This post was edited by rkb21 on Mon, May 27, 13 at 17:25

• msrose
    10 years ago

I love it! If I were starting with a new kitchen, I would do white cabinets and a blue backsplash.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I love what you did with your BS! Out of the ABB club and walls haven't even been painted yet! Can't wait to see your final reveal.
    Did I say your BS is gorgeous :-)

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I love what you did with your BS! Out of the ABB club and walls haven't even been painted yet! Can't wait to see your final reveal.
    Did I say your BS is gorgeous :-)

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Maybe not huge, but certainly fabulous. I remember your early posts about layout. It turned out just wonderful. BS is perfect.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

If at first you don't succeed - try, try again. I couldn't post earlier.
    Your backsplash and kitchen are stunning. I love your choice of the blue with your kitchen!!!

• geomeg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I like the backsplash too.
    There's not much more to my tiny kitchen, there are 3 doors and a large window so not much space for cabinets.

On the wall facing the range is my fridge which is still in our living room waiting for the painting to be finished before we install .

I'll post some more pics when we finish painting.

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

Very pretty!