Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet Mounting Hole Diameter - Is There a Standard Size?

Posted by alwaysfixin (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 15:12

I have seen before on this forum the advice that if you are granite templating, or installing the granite, but you don't yet have your faucet (it's on backorder, or you just haven't chosen it yet), you can just use your old faucet or any cheapo faucet in the meantime until you get the faucet you want. So, does that advice mean that all faucets' mounting holes are the same standard diameter? Or maybe most of them are the same diameter? If so, what is that standard measurement?

What about pre-rinse style faucets--are they still a standard size mounting hole? Or European-made faucets like Grohe or KWC--would they have the same mounting hole diameter as an American-made kitchen faucet? I would think this dimension would be important for countertop templating. Like, what if you have an old Kohler, and you haven't chosen your new faucet yet, but you know it's going to be a sleek European something--can you just use the same mounting hole size? I would appreciate anyone's info on this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet Mounting Hole Diameter - Is There a Standard Size?

Yep. All the same. Air switch hole. Air gap hole. Faucet hole. Sprayer hole. Soap dispenser hole. Instant hot dispenser. All standard.

But how MANY holes and where they go--of that you want to be sure before drilling.

o

They are almost all a standard size.

The PDF you can see on the manufacturer's site will tell you what size (or range of ) will be good for the device you haven't got yet.

o

All standard except for my Kohler Karbon. The faucet part itself was standard, but not the handle that controls the on/off and cold/hot. That was 2 in. I gave the specs to the fabricators, but they didn't look. They cut the whole 11 3/8. So we had to drill the hole larger by calling in our tile guy with the diamond saw and clamping the Caesarstone done really well to drill the hole. So look carefully at the specs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here