Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent - Tapmaster ?

Posted by eleena (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 15:08

I have read threads discussing Tapmaster faucet controllers and I think I am going to get one. (I am interested in the Euro 1775 version but would consider others as well.)

However, I did not know about it till reading threads about motion activated faucets well into the kitchen remodel, so I did not plan for it. The sink cabinet as well as the toe-kick have already been installed.

The installation picture on Tapmaster website shows the cord going through the toe-kick area below the cabinet bottom.

Is it easy to retro-fit? Is it the only way to install it?

I need to order ASAP and I'd appreciate your input.

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent - Tapmaster ?

Tapmaster is an easy retrofit and usually goes in after the cabinet is in anyway. You just drill a hole in the toekick that gets covered by the pedal. You might need to fish the line through to a hole in the back of the cabinet for the neatest install but it's not bad to do in a new cabinet. (It would be gross to do that in my current nasty old cabinet which is why I haven't done it. Ewwwww.)

o

Thank you, fori!

Combined with comments to my other thread, I think Tapmaster it is.

o

Mine was installed right after my cabs went in even though I had the TM on-hand prior so I don't see any difference with you installing one now. I did, however, have my cab maker/installer drill the holes for it so my plumber's job was easier. I figured my cab maker was better at drilling nice holes than a plumber. Very easy, and I really, really love my Tapmaster Euro 1775.

o

If you buy from Conservastore try using save10 as a coupon code. And call a couple of days after you order it to tell them you need it ASAP, it took them about a month to get me mine,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here