Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

First failed Advantium Dish

a2gemini
11 years ago

So, I decided to use my Advantium to make scalloped potatoes - but only for the 2 of us - so cut the recipe in half. I was in a hurry and didn't think about changing the times or that the pan I used was quite small.
Well... The liquids boiled over and the edges of the potatoes were quite dark - I thought my mom's old corning dish was toast.

Well - turns out my DH loved the dark crunchy potato edges and kept asking for more edges.

I chickened out tossing the dish in the DW and did soak this one - but I actually think the DW might have cleaned a lot of it off the pan - it is all clean and ready for the next round of potatoes...

The porcelain tray survived as well - just soaked it for awhile and killed our hot water heater - LOL - the water heater exhaust came disconnected and the water heater was smart enough to shut itself off instead of venting into the house.

Water heater is back in operation and I will try to remember to shorten the cooking time on the next round....

When I taught peeps to cross country ski - I would say if you don't fall several times - you won't learn how to ski as well cause you are not testing your balance limits

So, if I don't fail at cooking - I won't be as good of a cook... Hope you enjoy my little story.

Time to head to a warm shower :-)