Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amy_macinnis_crozier

Marble - Difference between distributors?

Liz
11 years ago

I am going to put in a marble backsplash. I got some marble samples from different tile places in town and they vary in thickness. At one place the Bianco Venatino is 25sq/ft and at another it is 18sq/ft but a little thinner. Does the thickness matter? Will the same type of marble vary in quality or color between distributors? Home depot you can get some marble for 12sq/ft but I have heard of some crumbling issues with cheaper natural stone. Please educate me.

I am debating between Bianco Venatino and Carrara. My cupboards are a light cream color (which I am coming to terms with as I thought they would be whiter), my countertops are caesarstone concrete on the permitter and nougat on the island. The white on the island is a shaded white which picks up the tones around it. The concrete color is just slightly lighter than the raven caesarstone. The countertops will be installed on 24th. My tile will be going in that week and the builder wants to install the backsplash within a week or so of the countertops going in. So I am trying to narrow it down before. Please share your marble backsplashes with me.

The island has an eating bar that isn't shown. The kitchen is also not painted as the pictures are older.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax