Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dawn sink - anyone have one or know anything about them?

Posted by aussies (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 14:47

One of the sinks I am considering is made by a company called Dawn. Does anyone know anything about these sinks?

Here is a link that might be useful: Dawn sink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dawn sink - anyone have one or know anything about them?

We purchased a Dawn sink from ebay for our previous house renovation.
It was 50% great and 50% terrible.
Great:
- price ~$170 including shipping
- 16 gauge
- large/deep ?30"x10"deep?

Terrible:
- It didn't drain perfectly. It would leave 2-3 pools of water, and when the water finally dried up, there would be dirty water scum? We couldn't do anything about it since it was an undermount under our slab of granite.

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't get it again, because I can't get it fix easily.
I can't find the ebay seller but it was similar to this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay sink

o

Hi huango, I clicked on the ebay link but it didn't specify that sink is Dawn. Did your seller post that the sink you purchased is Dawn? Dawn currently does not have a 16-gauge sink in that size and model. The only two 16-gauge sinks are DSU 3118 that comes with a cutting board 32"x20"x10" and DSU1916 21"x18"x10". 16-gauge sinks from Dawn sell retails for at least $300.

Aussies, which Dawn model are you considering? I know different dealers sell it for difference prices. If it's 18-gauge and you're spending more than $300, I would get something else. I currently have the ASU107 and I think it's just okay.

o

Thanks for your responses.

I'm considering the ASU 2316 - 25x18x10, 18 gauge, $240 on faucetline.com.

One of the main reasons I'm considering it is that it's the only sink I've been able to find that is larger than 21'' wide, but just narrow enough to squeeze into my 24'' sink base by notching the cabinet.

I'm a little concerned now though - first by the fact that not many people here seem to have any knowledge of it, and also that the 2 people that do aren't really recommending it. Maybe I should keep looking ...

tansy121, why just OK?

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dawn ASU2316

o

tansy: when I purchased the sink, the ebay seller did NOT specifically state that the sink was Dawn, but it's ?engraved? onto the sink (on the wall part, under the faucet) in big (?2inches) letters.

Now that I remember, I think it was 16gauge on the rim and 18gauge for the sink.

Aussie: If someone had warned me about the drainage problem, I would still have gotten the sink, but definitely TEST the drainage thing BEFORE installation (or ASAP so that if it doesn't drain well, I can still return/exchange it. Other than that, I was very happy w/ it. It's a great deal.
I would probably get it again (but test/check it asap instead of waiting 3months until the sink was installed under the granite) if I weren't getting a custom one stamped out of the stainless steel countertop.

o

I bought a Dawn sink and love it. I don't have any problems with it draining. I think it's just as good as the higher priced sinks but for much less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dawn Kitchen Sinks

o

Hi, have you put a level on it? If the cabinet that the sink is in is not level, guess what? It will not drain 100%. Iam a sales rep for a large company in NY and had never heard of that, And Iam also a retired Plumber that was with a company for 26 years. I think you need to get in touch with whoever installed the cabinets. PS- let me know what happens. GOOD LUCK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here