Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Final Vote.. I've Narrowed Down Banquette Fabrics

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

Our yellow kitchen is ALMOST finished and we are now choosing fabric for the banquette cushions. They are all Sunbrella fabrics as this area will be used very often.

We may do leather or a leather type fabric for the seat cushion for ease of "sliding" in and out and ease of wiping down. SO, these fabrics are most likely just for the back cushions.

Here's a few photos of our kitchen

The Bench:

Fabrics: SWATCHES WERE SMALL SO TAPED SOME TOGETHER

Pango Cream:

Geobella Sanibel Beige

Dupione Maize

Wyndham Wheat:

Bluebell:

Connecting Living Room-

Comments (90)

• ControlfreakECS
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Still loving the bluebell the most. I think the colors are just right. I don't have an issue with more floral.

What is on the seats of you counter stools? Had you not thought of continuing that fabric to the seat of the banquette?

• steph2000
    11 years ago

I'd be tempted to go with Dupione Maize, which is so basic as to read as a solid almost. It would allow you to add stylized pillows in the trend and colors of your choice over time. It also reads more gold to me. I'm having a hard time seeing the golds/yellows in a lot of these fabrics and it seems important for flow.

If you go with a floral, I prefer the Geobella Sanibel Beige. It seems larger scale, which coordinates with the stripe in the LR. I've already heard to mix up the scales when combining fabrics and that looks best to my eye. The bluebell is pretty, though.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

What is the name of this light yellow and blue one, below the Maize? My vote, with bluebell second or for pillows.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

snookums- that is the Dupione Maize.

controlfreak- The leather on the stools isn't available for purchase. I bought the stools from GrandinRoad

**********Let me say I've knocked out the Geobella floral and the Wyndham Wheat (as a stand alone fabric). I do like the Wyndham but just am not seeing it on the entire bench.

Also, I like all of the fabrics left so I'll probably get larger pieces of 2 so I can decide. Bluebell has always been a favorite of mine but honestly I also love the Pango cream which only one or two voted for LOL I think because I originally imagined a more contemporary/geometrical fabric!
    I also wondered if the Bluebell would make it harder to add artwork above the bench.

The Dupione Maize, definitely reads as a solid from any distance away. I DO like it. I doubt I'll do pillows though to spice it up. It also looks different in person than the closeups I downloaded from the website.

Here are some more photos of my favorite combos that I just took! (This is on top of my counter stools)

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

Totally off topic fishies, but how big is your pull on the dishwasher door? Bluebells looks lovely hung over it :) The maize in the picture with the bluebells and the stripes looks a lot less yellow than in the close up above. Love the bluebells though, can't find them on the sunbrella website!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ali80ca- The dishwasher pull is a 12" appliance pull : )

Bluebell is actually a Greenhouse Fabric made by Sunbrella for them...

https://www.greenhousefabrics.com/fabrics/97088-bluebell

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse Bluebell 97088

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

Thank you :)

• Mgoblue85
    11 years ago

I like Bluebells best, but I would do the Dupione Maize given the proximity to the patterns in the other room and with the thought of artwork going above - which will be fairly close to the top of banquette.

Good luck - I'm sure whatever you decide will look equally as lovely as your kitchen. I never knew yellow could look so good!!!

• marcolo
    11 years ago

I think the Dupioni dies at a distance.

• ControlfreakECS
    11 years ago

In every picture you post, the bluebell goes with everything. It looks especially great with the leather on the stools!

I'm surprised you can't find an exact match to that leather, btw. Seems like that should be possible.

• KBSpider
    11 years ago

Bluebell's been my favorite since the beginning...

• elissahart
    11 years ago

Another vote for bluebell! I think it looks great with everything in your space and is terrific both close-up and from a distance.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

*********OK, so I guess no one likes the circles?? lol

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Yet one more vote for the bluebell - especially if you are doing a solid color leather or "Naugahyde" like material on the seat for sliding. I think the "Bluebell" would compliment it.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

If the maize is not as yellow irl, then I vote bluebell. And when you held the circles near the island.....gorge!

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

I like the circles...lol I just like the bluebells more :)

• bayareafrancy
    11 years ago

I love love love the circles! But I don't think they fit in with everthing else.

Bluebell!

• Snbtwins
    11 years ago

Bluebell!
    Gorgeous kitchen.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

I agree, if that light yellow one with some blue is the same as the mustard colored Maize one, my vote for it is off! lol

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

Bluebell because it brings in the blue and yellow and goes with the overall vibe of the space.

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

I love the circles. very elegant!

• Homeblessings
    11 years ago

I like the circles the best. To me they fit in better with the style and feel of your kitchen than the florals do.

2nd choice is Dupione Maize. Too bad it reads as a solid from a distance. I think it would be better to see a little pattern in that spot.

Both of the above would work best with art work above the bench.

I like the florals the least. Once you cover that large of an area with one of them I think they would really compete with the rest of the room- which is so perfect right now.

Interesting to see so many different opinions.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

I've always like the bluebells. And, I think they go with your marble great too... I like that they will give some texture from far away. They would be great as accent pillows, too.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Dupione maize is the sixth and tenth pic of the last set IRL. I dont think its for me. I am getting some larger pieces of the circles and the bluebell so I can get a better idea of them larger. It is a long seat.

The bluebell is quite pricey. Double all the others. Shocker!

• ellabee_2016
    11 years ago

Oops.

Dupione Maize was going to be my first choice, even though it does read as more of a solid from a distance. Pillows from the circles and the two florals would give it any life needed.

The bluebell is one of the most appealing fabrics I've ever seen. I can imagine that the exacting printing adds to the price.

• deedles
    11 years ago

I'd like to vote for some pillows with bluebell and some with circles instead of all in one fabric. Can I do that?

• blfenton
    11 years ago

I like the circles close up with everything especially the counters and cabinets. You didn't show the maize and circles together - any chance you can do that or perhaps it isn't a possible mix. mmm - maybe not.

But I like the bluebells and the maize together.

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Has Marcolo voted? He's helped you with your vision for your new kitchen all along...and probably will tell you what he thinks would look best in your overall space.

Of course, I still vote Bluebell :)

• eleena
    11 years ago

Computer screens are VERY misleading, so our votes may or may not carry that much weight. You should go with your intuition.

I'd second (or third?) going with two fabrics instead of one. I think going with the bluebell and the maize, you'll get the best of two worlds. :-)

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lavender- Marcolo has chimed in twice but not with a definite opinion. Just to tell me to take pics from far away and then to say the Dupione Maize reads solid. I know he is super busy with his renovation! PS- Did you see my reveal? I gave you a shout out in the opening and was hoping you liked how everything turned out : )

blfenton- The Maize and the circles don't seem to look as good together as the Circles with the Wyndham Wheat (striped fabric).

The Bluebells goes well with the Maize and the stripes.

***A lot of people are bringing up pillows. I MAY do them for when there's company, but they will mostly be in the way so I don't want to base my decision on pillows b/c they will probably be in the closet a lot! LOL

This post was edited by 2LittleFishies on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 22:52

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

I like the circles but would be careful about the light colored background. Might be a bit light for your daily dropped food on the banquette.

Dupioni and Blubell are my favs. I think bluebell might hide stains the best.....

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Whose comment did you not see in your reveal threads--lavender's or mine? I did pipe, in with loud huzzahs.

I'm a little hesitant to commit on your fabrics because I don't trust monitors, but to me the Bluebell seems the way to go. The Dupioni seems to turn a bland green from a distance, or maybe that's just in pics. And dupioni--is that a silk? Yikes!

Do pay close attention to the background colors in these fabrics. Some of the original choices looked very pink or beige to me but you seemed to be interpreting them as white. Again, tough to tell on a monitor.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

marcolo- I saw your comment : )
    All the fabrics are Sunbrella so hopefully staining and water resistance shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I know what you're saying about color on monitors.

Just wondering what you think about the circles? I ordered a yard of that and hopefully I can get a bigger piece of the Bluebell so I can get a better feel for both.

• marcolo
    11 years ago

From pics at least, I don't think what's prominent about that fabric is the circles. I think what stands out is the brown hemstitch pattern due to the greater contrast, and I don't know if I'd like it over a big area. It also has no aqua.

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

I agree with marcolo, from across the room I think all you would notice are the brown marks on the circles (though it is a very nice fabric in the right situation). The bluebells and the other larger floral are the only two that hold there own from across the room. The bluebell just seems to tie all the colours together in such a pretty way. Decisions decisions :)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

2LF - Sorry for not jumping in sooner - but I wanted to see on the computer vs phone...

I look at your eloquent kitchen and the swirly fabric pendants, your exquisite marble, your display shelves, and just your exceptional kitchen and I am not seeing the circles. I agree with the others - I think the brown dashes will stand out from the distance. (I used dots on mine - but a very different look and kitchen- but I would take yours in a heartbeat!)

I think the Bluebells match your style better (OK - remember the only person who matched you on help was a2gemini - so definitely, not the expert)

Did you talk to the fabric store about your leather on the stools - I know they were prefab but there are only so many sources for upholstery leather and I bet someone can get it for you.

You mentioned the cost of the BlueBell - in the grand scheme of things - probably is a drop in the bucket - the fabrication will most likely cost more than the fabric in either case (unless you DIY - not me - LOL)

I had decided on a fabric and went back to order ours - and then a different fabric popped right out at me - and it was perfect. Not sure how that works - I had the same thing happen with my cabinet color and counter - headed in to order and switched on day of order (but did go home to check even though I knew it was perfect)

Pillows - yup - got a collection in my closet - but for my banquette - I only have pillows for the back - but would not work with yours.

Soon :-)

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, I saw a got a large piece of the circular fabric and like I thought (and Marcolo confirmed) when the lights are dim you only see the brown dashes and not the yellow circles. I do like it but I'll make a pocketbook out of it or something : )

SO, I'm doing the Bluebells and I found a Naugahyde color for the seat part of the bench that matches the Bluebells and my island stools almost exactly! : )

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

P.S.- I may use the Maize as an accent somewhere...

• KBSpider
    11 years ago

Congratulations on making your choices!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Yay! Sounds lovely.

• momtofour
    11 years ago

Great, can't wait to see it! I though the same about the circles, btw- which was a shame bc they were my favorite shape. It would have been great if those lines were blue!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

whoooo hoooo !! can't wait to see it all together!
    Ü

• eleena
    11 years ago

Luck!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey Everyone! Just an update that the banquette is getting finished today/tomorrow!! : )

Pics later!

• ali80ca
    10 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing the final result! I love that fabric :)

• momtofour
    10 years ago

Can't wait to see it!!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Yeah!!!! I was hoping that you were posting pics of the finished banquetts. I am so anxious to seeit!

• ali80ca
    10 years ago

I am curious as to how much fabric you needed for the cushions? I always have this fear that when I love a fabric that by the time I get around to ordering it it will be out of stock. I am very tempted to guesstimate how much I would need and order while the going is good!
    Looking forward to seeing the final result :)

• ellen4100
    10 years ago

Dupione Maize and I think the wall surrounding it should have some artwork.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022