Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
applied end panels vs no end panel

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 14:40

I'm planning on ordering Conestoga beaded inset cabinets. I like the look of integrated end panels but they only offer applied end panels. Essentially, it's a face frame with doors inside. I'm thinking that if I do end panels, I would just do the face frame without the doors. But I'm on the fence about doing them at all. I love end panels on cabinets and feel that they give them a more finished look but I just don't know that I like applied end panels where you can see that it was added. Maybe I've over thinking it like I do everything else in this building project but I hate to pay the extra cost and then not like them. Any suggestions? Pictures would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: applied end panels vs no end panel

It depends on the overall style you're going for. I hate to see door panels on ends with furniture style cabinets because it's so unfurniture-like. Yet in a frilly or otherwise detailed kitchen, a totally plain end looks wrong too.

Just the face frame might look good but you're gonna have to produce some pictures of your door style!

o

I'm having a little trouble envisioning what you mean by applied end panels. I have side panels on my cabinets and wouldn't have it any other way. They just make the cabinets looks so much more finished and beautiful. I recently had the master bath cabinets painted and added the end panels and wow what a difference! They went from looking builder grade to furniture quality. I will try to add some pics, photobucket is not as easy as it used to be, I had more to show but it's just nearly impossible to get photos to show up in photobucket and it takes forever. The first two photos are my house and the 3rd one is a show house in our area from a few months ago.
 photo 2013-04-09_08-32-59_588_zps378d4ca0.jpg

photo 2013-04-09_08-29-17_485_zps2f92c5dd.jpg

photo 2012-09-21_12-25-05_554.jpg

o

gr8day - Would you mind telling me about your floors? Are they red oak? Did you stain them? What is the finish on them?

Thank You!

o

Hi khallock, that last photo is the show house I worked in a few months ago but the top two are my own home. I am so sorry not to be of more help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here