Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me pick a chimney hood for the Berta?

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 14:28

I am stuck - I don't want the hood to be too bulky or too modern sleek. I need a chimney 30" hood - 600CFM. Budget - $600 - $1000.
I would like the hood to be 24" deep but not too many options so I guess I can live with with 21-22''deep.

Walnut slab doors, not ultra modern kitchen though.

Please share your thoughts - thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me pick a chimney hood for the Berta?

Check out Kobe chimney hoods from The Natural Home.

Here is a link that might be useful: The natural home for Kobe hoods

o

Just giving you a bump, since all you got was a TOS violation above.

I considered the Kobe RA-02, which is available from any number of online or b&m retailers. The new model has LED lights, which are nice so you don't burn yourself by accidentally touching them.

The Zephyr Savona is quite nice as well, and a little sleeker. It is not the full 24".

People have had good results with the above, and they are frequently cited. I have no personal experience.

Was this wall or island mount?

o

What is a TOS violation? I found out about Kobe hoods and the natural home website from this forum. I purchased my hood from them. I was just passing on a good place to find a good hood for a good price.

o

sorry about that, itsallabouthefood.... the post was so brief it looked like, at first glance, a typical advertisement link without any explanation (like you provided in your response).

o

No problem...I suppose it's what happens when you shoot off a response while getting ready for work and getting kids ready for school.

We're very happy with our Kobe hood. Works great...and didn't break our budget.

o

Which version did you get itsallaboutthefood?

o

We got the RA094 36" chimney range hood.

One of the reasons we chose a Kobe hood (other than price and reviews) is that it uses a 6" duct and we already had 6" ducting from our previous hood.

o

I was just going through my receipts and I just realized that I almost bought my hood from Natural Home but since I missed the date for their on-line sale, I ended up actually ordering it from our local appliance shop who matched their non-sale web price (remodel purchase fatigue took over and I just wanted to be done with it).

I did talk to the Natural home folks several times and read several reviews of people who used them successfully on this forum.

o

Thank you all! It will be a wall mounted chimney hood.

o

Gooster: can you share some pics of how the Kobe looks? Is it too bulky?

Savona is too rounded for me. Maybe I should consider Venezia

Thank you!

o

Did you guys got 36" hood for a 30'' range or 30" hood should be OK if it's deep enough to cover the surface - thanks!

o

thedork: Although I didn't end up buying it, I considered the RA-02. I did see it on display at a dealer. It does have a thicker vent column than some other models.

Here it is on Houzz -- the new models don't have the LCD on the front.

o

Yes, I purchased a 36" hood for my 30" range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here