Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llhilly

Linear Fire and Ice ok with swirly jet mist?

pudgybaby
13 years ago

Thought I'd see what your opinions are on our backsplash and granite choices. I love the fire and ice backsplash with darker/black granite, but I don't want to go too dark. I like the beautiful original: Jodi_in_so_cal. She used black impala granite I think. I am leaning towards jet mist because I like the lighter color more than black impala, but I'm wondering if the movement in jet mist will look ok with the very linear look of fire and ice. I have a jet mist sample, but it's small (6" x 6") and doesn't really show any movement. I have not selected actual slabs of jet mist yet. In fact, I haven't even seen one in person. It's hard to find here in Denver, but my fabricator says a stone yard in town will get 24 slabs in before the end of the month (can't wait!!). I am hoping to find slabs with a medium amount of movement compared to what I've seen on internet images.

Here are all of my choices (although not much is final at this point):

Cabinets: natural cherry

Counter tops: honed jet mist, not planning to enhance

Backsplash: fire and ice with the dark amber inserts, not planning to enhance

Hardware: ORB pulls (Ephram from RH) in 4" and 6"

My main question is the look of the jet mist with the fire and ice backsplash, but fire away at all of my choices! Looking for all opinions, good, bad or indifferent.

Comments (10)