Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
warder45

Kitchen/Dining Room help

warder45
10 years ago

Hi all,

I've been working on and off my Kitchen/Dining Room/Living Room for a couple years now. I'm starting to get a bit worn out so I was hoping for some help and suggestions on a couple areas I'm still wrestling with. The link at the bottom has pictures of the areas under construction, you can see the planned bamboo floor and the new laminate counter top.

I could really use advise pulling the area's together in terms of colors and styles. I've been having a rough time with it do to the golden oak cabinet color (which I don't have the $ to change).

1) Back splash - Might depends on the hardware and/or paint, I've seen stone/glass/stainless steel ones that might look nice.

2) Cabinet Hardware - I'm leaning between stainless steel to match the appliances or a dark metal like antique pewter or Oil-Rubbed Bronze or Black.

3) Paint color - I don't like bold colors and prefer a cool tone. I like blue greys, green greys, etc. But I'm having a hard time picking one that would have coordinating colors for the windows and work with the cabinet hardware.

4) Window treatments - I've been told the current window decorations are a bit old. If I'm going to replace them, I might want to match them for the windows in the dining room/kitchen.

Thanks for any advise or suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to pictures