Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyse2502

Kitchen Reveal

I have been a longtime lurker and small poster but have learned a TON from the GW community!! I did a full colonial Reno in a 1950's original house that was gutted down to the studs entirely on my own with no design help. It has been a long process but we are planning to flip and do it again because I enjoyed it so much, yes crazy I know! There are no before pictures because the kitchen was an extension but here are the details:

Cabinets: Fieldstone maple and Cherry, Kraftmaid maple in butler's pantry
Appliances: wolf rangetop and double ovens, sub-zero fridge, 2 asko dishwashers, ge microwave
Countertop: typhoon Bordeaux granite (very light version)
Hardware: Baldwin
Faucet: Newport brass
Sinks: Kohler cast iron
Lighting: circa
Backsplash: quemere crackle ceramic
Floors: wood, minwax early American

Thanks again to everyone for your help, this community is amazing!!
I'm sorry I can't add multiple photos from my iPhone so I will post them all individually

Comments (45)

• PRO
    Allison Gamba Design Consultant
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okay I just created a photobucket account, hopefully this works

http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Nyse2502/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

• chasiesmom
    9 years ago

Just beautiful I absolutely love it!

• jill314
    9 years ago

Wow, that is beautiful!

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Gorgeous, so much room!

• aries61
    9 years ago

Very nice. Curious, ceiling height and upper cabinet height?
    Thanks

• Kat66
    9 years ago

It's absolutely beautiful. You should take some photos up close for some detail shots.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

• Herewegoagain
    9 years ago

Very Beautiful!!! You made some great choices!!! Enjoy!

• BirchPoint
    9 years ago

Very beautiful!

What wall ovens did you get?

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

That is a beautiful kitchen! Great job, I love everything. Your granite is stunning with the cabinets. Such a nice fresh look and love the island stain. Looks so great! Your whole house looks lovely.

• renov8r
    9 years ago

You have the gift of design. That is a beautiful kitchen. I love the colour of your cabinets. I would like to see a close up of the faucet and door pulls.

• kksmama
    9 years ago

Stunning. That light fixture is perfection in your space, the company ought to use it to advertise.

• PRO
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone and the wall ovens are wolf, love them!

• Gooster
    9 years ago

Really lovely. That light fixture is just perfect.

• cani
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I envy the counter space you have. Your kitchen is huge.

• amykath
    9 years ago

Looks like you took a photo out of a magazine! Absolutely beautiful! Great details. You can tell you took your time planning the perfect space.

Is that a keeping room by the fireplace or a living room? I love the table and chairs and would love to see more of the fp area.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

I love it!! Thank you for sharing! Any chance you can snap a close up picture of your countertop and also of your granite?

Thanks so much!
    Robyn

• fishymom
    9 years ago

I love this kitchen, so warm and inviting. Congratulations on a fabulous remodel!

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! Your choices are stunning & obviously you have a great talent. I can't wait to see your next reno. Can you please share the color of your cabinets? Do you have any pictures of your butlers pantry? I'd love to see that, too.

Thank you.

• ktj459
    9 years ago

Wow,it looks like a magazine kitchen! Gorgeous!

• PRO
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aries61- The ceiling height is 8ft, I used 36" uppers and a flat piece of moulding and the crown. This gives the appearance of high ceilings and there is no way I can reach 42" uppers anyway and I'm tall!
    Aktillery- this is an open kitchen/family room. The entire space is 18x43". I will add pictures of the family room, I sketched the built-ins and had a carpenter build them. My table is home decorators collection, $400 with a coupon, and the chairs are mixed from my old pier 1 set. I was going to stain them but the green is kinda fun.
    Bicyclegirl- the color of the cabinets is maple in vanilla cream for the perimeter and cherry in chestnut with a chocolate glaze for the island. The butlers pantry is the wall of green cabinets.

I will add more close up pics tonight

Also after doing this Reno, a commercial property and consulting on others I find I have a knack for high-end design on a realistic budget. I have started a business as a design consultant hoping to help people design functional spaces on time and on budget as we all know construction costs can be much more than estimated and I'm hoping to help people still have enough money to not sacrifice the finishing touches. If anyone needs help in the New York area, preferrably Long Island, send me a message!

• flanags
    9 years ago

Absolutley beautiful ! I can't believe you're flipping this house as seems like a dream home !! Love it all - best of luck with your new business, I could have used you for our current reno in Long Island.

• BirchPoint
    9 years ago

Can you tell us your wall paint colors? So close to what I'm thinking about...your space is so beautiful!

• renov8r
    9 years ago

I'd also like to see some close-ups of hardware, faucet, please.

• Teehee1984
    9 years ago

Wow. That is absolutely beautiful. Can I ask what color you did the trim?

How did you get it to blend with the vanilla cabs? I have to figure out how to reconcile my white vinyl windows and sliding doors with kraftmaid canvas / off white cabs. I am really bad at that......

Well done! You certainly have a gift!!!!

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Magazine worthy for sure. Big congrats! It's beautiful

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

You should send pictures to one of the kitchen design magazines! You did a magnificent job!!

• tikilyn
    9 years ago

You're kitchen is beautiful!!!! Can you tell me if that vanilla cream color is a BM paint color?

Thanks

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!

• dminnella7475
    9 years ago

Looks beautiful! I love the light fixture over the island, what brand is it?

• jamessgarden
    9 years ago

I have always loved the maple and cherry look together

• tea4all
    9 years ago

I agree with Patty_cakes and Mags. Beautiful and would be a lovely magazine layout. Nice job! Enjoy your gorgeous kitchen for many years!

• tbo123
    9 years ago

Beautiful.
    Can you please tell me the paint color in your lovely den, to the left of the fireplace, over the windows. Thanks..

• mom2sulu
    9 years ago

What a wow kitchen! Again, would you be willing to share the paint color for the cabinets? I love the warmth of this space.

• aries61
    9 years ago

mom2sulu, I found the colors in an earlier posting. The colors of the cabinets are "the color of the cabinets is maple in vanilla cream for the perimeter and cherry in chestnut with a chocolate glaze for the island".

• mom2sulu
    9 years ago

Aries61, thank you, but I am confused. Sorry. :) Maybe I am reading this wrong...are these custom cabinets or are they all Kraftmade? I was hoping the OP had a specific color chosen from a paint company that I could replicate.

• aries61
    9 years ago

mom2sulu, Cabinets: Fieldstone maple and Cherry, Kraftmaid maple in butler's pantry

• JEN_CABINETGEEK
    9 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I would love to be able to post the pictures on Fieldstone's consumer website and Facebook page.

If you're interested, send me an email. jthom@smihq.com

THanks, Jenn from Fieldstone Cabinetry

• mom2sulu
    9 years ago

Aries61, thank you for being so patient with me. :) I missed that Fieldstone is a cabinet company. I have never heard of them before. I am assuming they are a top line. Thanks so much!

• rikerk
    9 years ago

Aries 61 love your kitchen it is beautiful. I am very interested in your wood hood, any chance you could post a close up of the hood including the crown detail. You did a great job. Thanks in advance

Kim

• aries61
    9 years ago

rikerk, this isn't my kitchen. I was just answering a couple of posts from answers that I found on post. It belongs to nyse2502.

mom2sulu, I would consider Fieldstone a upper mid grade cabinets. It's owned by the same parent company(Norcraft Companies) that owns Mid Continent .

• PRO
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to those who have posted questions, I mistakenly turned my email setting off and didn't see any posts until someone posted recently on this.

The color that I used on the walls for the kitchen/family room is sherwin Williams rainwashed, it works well becaue I have the spa blues and greens and it really goes with both.

My cabinets are fieldstone brand for the kitchen and kraftmaid brand for the butlers pantry. This was my first experience with fieldstone and I am very happy with the quality. When I brought the door to the granite yard to match the salesman was blown away at how heavy and solid the door was.

I also realized I wrote the colors wrong, I chose maple cabinets with IVORY CREAM for the uppers and cherry with Nutmeg with a chocolate glaze for the lowers. They are NOT custom colors.

I will also post some close ups of the granite, hardware, and butlers pantry. I'm working on getting them up.

Thanks for all the nice comments that everyone wrote!

• iamskc
    9 years ago

STUNNING!!!! And thanks for the deets. What item number color is the backsplash? I'm googling right now and see lots of versions.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

This is one gorgeous kitchen! Great work. Would you be so kind as to tell me the size of your island? Do you find with the legs on the corners there is sufficient space for two people to sit?

Carol

• loves2read
    9 years ago

If you did this on a budget I would love to know what your numbers were--

did you do lot of the work yourself or with your husband--

I can't find one item that looks out of place or that I wouldn't have chosen--
    just lovely...
    should earn a premium when you go to flip it...

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company