Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumberry_gw

All drawer kitchens - please post photos

plumberry
14 years ago

If you have all drawers or almost all in your kitchen --can you post photos? I'm strongly considering this route because there has been so much positive feedback but I can't picture what it would look like. I'm so used to cupboards.

Comments (12)

• trish21
    14 years ago

Below my counters I have only one cupboard and that is under the sink. 3 of my drawers are double deep but appear to be separate drawers. One is the trash/recycling below. Two are drawers to the right of the range that have baking items in one, food in the other. Hope this helps.

• sochi
    14 years ago

Here you go - love my drawers! (kitchen is unfinished, unpainted, etc. but you get the idea of the drawers)

• plumberry
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much. Gorgeous kitchens, BTW. Were they significantly more expensive and do you have the blumotion soft close feature?
    You all seem to be very happy with the drawers but do you have any regrets or anything you'd do differently? Are you able to store more, or less, or the same?

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Plum, I have no uppers - only drawers. LOVE THEM. Can't really comment on storage, as the whole darn kitchen is much bigger now, but I can say that I have more than enough room. Also love our blumotion. No regrets here!

Bird's eye view

Sochi, just LOVING your kitchen - WOW!

Eliz

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Elizpiz...OOoooh la love!

• julie94062
    13 years ago

Plum, my cabinet maker (local) didn't use Blum. We have soft close drawers and the glides are Hettich. The doors aren't soft close (but they certainly close quietly!) and the hinges are Salice. Not sure what the price difference is. Very happy with both.

• davidro1
    13 years ago

Here is one side of a galley kitchen.
    Unfinished.

close up

Each drawer is almost 15" high.
    The four farthest from the camera have other drawers inside (internal drawers), 4" to 5" high.
    The closest drawers are for a drawer fridge.
    The fridge has other ways to handle space than internal drawers.
    These drawers are all Blum Tandembox. Even the fridge drawers are too!
    The width here is about eight feet.
    The uppers will be covered with the same "drawer effect" horizontally oriented fronts as the base cabinets; these fronts will have frosted glass inside a wood frame. They will be raised by Blum Aventos HF hardware.
    Lights are in the glass floor of the upper cabinets.
    There won't be any light valance.
    The exhaust hood is the alcove behind the cooktop. The canopy capture area is not finished yet; more exhaust hood material will be added before it's done. Exhaust fan is remote inline, in the curved overhead structure that holds the lighting. You can see the duct exiting left.

The other side of the galley kitchen is not ready for photos yet. It has the DW and undermount sink. Drawers will be a mix of Blum Tandem and Tandembox. Three cabinets with drawers, and one for the DW (not a drawer DW), paneled with two drawer fronts to line up to the adjacent drawers. Eight drawer fronts in total, on that side, over nine feet.
    hth

• plumberry
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, All! Elpiz, beautiful! No uppers, how new age are you! Davidrol, mines a galley, modern so it helps to see what you did. Very interesting with the internal drawers. I'd be interested in how you like them when they are in use. Would love to see the rest of the kitchen (when it's ready of course) includng the hood.

• country_smile
    13 years ago

sochi - LOVE your decorating flair! Your kitchen could/should be in a magazine. Way COOL!

It's like being in an art gallery and being able to cook at the same time. I generally tend to like the traditional and transitional kitchens, but your kitchen proves to me that my likes are diversified.

I'm looking forward to seeing your final photos. When is your projected finish date?

The other kitchens are beautiful also. Great examples of function and form.

Plumberry - Due to my layout and angles surrounding my cooktop, I wasn't able to have all drawers. But, if I had to do my kitchen over, I know one set of cabinets that I would definitely change to drawers. I agree with the others that things seem more accessible in drawers.

• cancoi
    13 years ago

Oh, thanks to all! Great inspiration for our upcoming reno.

• sochi
    13 years ago

Wow, this thread is certainly a great endorsement of drawers, and full of great kitchens! Love 'em.

Thanks country_smile! Our finish date is about a month off - we have a backsplash to install on our sink run, must paint the whole ground floor and my DH must finish the pictures for those frames! Originally I had hoped to be done by mid-May, but we're dragging our feet. Definitely by mid-June! We are planning for a small island too, but probably won't get to that for months!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!