Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's here...It's Here!!! Lots of pics!

Posted by fivefootzero (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 11 at 13:53

They installed this morning, and we couldn't be happier. I even came home from work for it. We even liked it unoiled, but we broke down and oiled since I wanted to see the gorgeous veining. The colors remind me of sea shells...go figure.

We had them drill 2 holes (had to anyway), but of the same size for the faucet and soap dispenser. This way I didn't have to decide right then and there which side for the faucet (right side probably).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's here...It's Here!!! Lots of pics!

WOW! I love it.

o

It's beautiful! Congratulations

o

Shazam!

o

Gorgeous stone! Love it both ways, but the oiling definitely brings out that gorgeous veining. Can't wait for the final reveal.

o

Oh what a treat!!! What is the name of it?? Love the veining...

o

Oooh... tough call as it looks good naked and dressed! I am guessing you will get home from work and kiss the counters before you kiss your dh, lol......

o

Goodie goodie for you! Beautiful!

o

Thanks so much everyone...it has been agony here at work...waiting and wanting to go home. But I was there for the install at least.

The stone is Santa Rita Venata...from M. Tex in Hackensack. It just has such a relaxing beachy calming feeling...that's the only way I can describe it.

We did like it both ways but it's such a shame to hide the veining with it unoiled. I read somewhere that someone oils in the winter to keep it dark, and in the summer time lets them go au'natural for a lighter feel. I did like it natural, but with the unfinished backsplash, pencil marks on the walls, oulet guts hanging out, etc...it looked, well, unfinished. We'll see once I pick a backsplash how we like it unoiled.

o

It's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Cj

o

Congrats! It's very lovely!!!

o

YUMMMMMM!!! Congratulations!!!

o

OOOOOOOHHHHH.... those veins and beautiful colors. So pretty!

o

wow, it's beautiful in your kitchen! both oiled, and unoiled... that's really something to see! i'm glad you are so happy! it looks wonderful. :)

o

Beautiful--both dressed and undressed!! So glad everything went well and you're sooooo happy!!!

o

WOOOOWWW! I really love that. It looks wonderful. Can't wait to see more pictures. I imagine you'll spend the evening admiring it when you get home from work. :)

o

That looks perfect with your wood. I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing it change from day to day. We've been letting ours fade out a little before reapplying the oil. It's beautiful stone.

o

It looks great with the cabinet color!

o

Your soapstone is so pretty! Question for you -- what kind of faucet is that? Thanks, and congratulations!

o

WOOOOWWWW!!!!!!
They are so pretty!! Can't wait to see them in person!!

So glad I made a new friend on GW, b/c of the soapstone!

o

That looks great!

o

Thanks everyone...yes, I'm in love...love all the colors and watching it change as the oil evaporates.

Polly (LOL): Can't wait for you to come over and see...if you drive by and see cars, come on in! Remember the doorbell still isn't hooked up so knock on the door!

Swimmer: The faucet is the Delta Leland...it's prettier in person, and also comes in 2-piece (where the lever is a separate part). I ordered online, but can't remember which site.

o

Beautiful. As one ss owner to another...you will love how it ages. Mine is 5 yrs old and it only gets better. c

o

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful

o

Yup She's a keeper !

o

It's funny, before I found gardenweb I didn't like soapstone one bit. Now, I adore it!

I especially love the carmel veining in yours, it is just beautiful!

o

Cool - yeah for you!!!

o

Absolutely beautiful! Oiled and nekid!

o

I LOVE your un-oiled version. Drooooolll.... :)

o

love it. jealous. i love my soapstone but yours is well, gorgeous. enjoy.

o

Oh wow--that is stunning soapstone!

o

Wow!!

o

fivefootzero, CONGRATS!!! Your soapstone oooozes cool! I love the veining! I also like the contrast of the hard, formidable stone against the soothing curves of your sink and faucet - just awesomeness! Can't wait to see it all come together! Enjoy!!! (or if you're like me, just spend hours staring at it!)

o

Faaaaantastic!!!! So neat to see a different - and beautiful - stone. Can't wait to see your finished kitchen pics! Good luck finishing up your project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here