Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Tell Me Your Favorite Tile Companys

Laurie
14 years ago

I'm researching tile for my backsplash. At the moment, the only top names coming into my head are Ann Sacks, DalTile, Artistic Tile and Armstrong.

What's really sad is I work in the design business, although not directly any longer with specifing these products, which is probably why the names of manufacturers is escaping me. If it were 2 years ago I probably could remember at least a dozen of them. Now, not so much.

Anyway - I could really use some other names. There are a couple of Ann Sacks tiles which are calling me but I'm not totally sold on anything yet, and I have time to decide (I'm not closing on the house until May 10th, so I can't even start purchasing anything until my mortgage wraps up, don't want to jinx anything!).

Comments (16)

• theresse
    14 years ago

Walker Zanger, Pratt & Larson

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

Rex Abisco (?), Heath, American Restoration Tile, Subway Ceramics

• earthpal
    14 years ago

Sandhill out of Idaho
    Oceanside out of SoCal
    Susan Jablon
    Blazestone out of Seattle
    Stardust out of Portland OR
    Bonfire Glass out of Bend OR

All of the above do recycled glass tiles

• jrueter
    14 years ago

Jeffrey Court (check out the montage boards and story boards under the marketing materials section on their website, too)

Sonoma Tile (great combinations and a tool to design custom mosaic blends)

• Fori
    14 years ago

Pewabic and Motawi, especially for Michiganders who can visit the shops for the full display.

• sayde
    14 years ago

I am looking for subways that look vintage/crackled but are machine made and priced accordingly. The best values I've found so far in that middle category are: Trikeenan Modulus, Heath Basics (both about $16 SF), Sonoma Stellar and Rixi. I am leaning toward Trikeenan Modulus. The Walker Zanger Gramercy Park are gorgeous but priced higher --

• avaya3111
    14 years ago

If you love Ann Sacks, I second Walker Zanger.
    They have a 300+ page catalogue on line.

Moda Mosaic is calling me.....

• Laurie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I remembered Walker Zanger as soon as I hit "send" lol.

And thanks everyone, this should give me a lot more ideas! Keep them coming!

• plllog
    14 years ago

Architonic is an amazing resource site for designers. There link page is mosaic. They show amazing large tiles too.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Oh. I just realized that I linked to a boring page. If you get into the mosaics you'll find all kinds of pieced tiles, like birds and scrolls, not just squares.

Here's a tile page.

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Porcelanosa has nice stuff, Sicis (sp?), DalTile Modern Dimensionstile is a nice twist on subway tile 9larger format tiles), Villeroy and Boch.

• Laurie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pllog, fantastic link you gave there as are many of there others.

Thanks again everyone, you've made my day!

• Gena Hooper
    14 years ago

Love Trikeenan. They're great people with gorgeous tile, and I love the eco-friendly aspects of their tile. Also love Pratt & Larson, Granada Tiles, and Grazia. Quite a few folks here have used Grazia Rixi. I just saw a gorgeous new line from them that's a larger format subway in these subtle, sophisticated neutrals. Beautiful!

• jrueter
    14 years ago

And if you happen to be near a Daltile design center you should definitely make an appointment and look at all the samples - they had other makers too. Like a kid in a candy store!

sayde,

I got crackle subways from Tilecrest - Montecito collection. Not as many choices, but they had a cream color that worked for me and the cost was about half for nearly identical tile from Sonoma. But I got a custom mosaic from Sonoma for behind the range :)

Here is a link that might be useful: montecito from Tilecrest

• gwentm
    14 years ago

I can add Coveringsetc. I like Porcelanosa a lot also.

Pllog, Architonic is a great site- Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coveringsetc.com

• countrygal_905
    14 years ago

jrueter - Is there an online dealer for Tilecrest? It doesn't look like there are any in my area? Thanks.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!