Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crc532

Kraus sinks

crc532
12 years ago

Does anyone have a Kraus sink? I need to purchase a bar and rectangular large sink. If anyone has a Kraus, can you give me an idea about the quality of the finish and the durability.

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• fivefootzero
    12 years ago

Love the quality and the finish of my D-shaped sink. Plus the sink grid, drain (we didn't use since we have a disposer) and towel.

Here's ours:

• SugarCookies
    12 years ago

Here's a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus 36

• crc532
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much. I now have a house with a Franke and I love that sink so much, wish I could take it with me. I do know what you mean SugarCookies about the spotting. You will laugh, because the Franke has a smaller sink and instead of messing the big main sink, I almost exclusively use the small one so I don't mess the big one. Ridiculous really. I only hope I like the Kraus as much. I wish I could have seen it in person. I hope I see more photos here.

• annac54
    12 years ago

Love my Kraus 60/40 sink. It's been installed about 8 months, and so far no problems, except as others have mentioned, spots due to hard water, which would plague any brand of SS sink we installed.

Can't link to photobucket now (blocked by work servers), but there's a photo of ours at the end of the "after" pictures in the thread linked below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread with Kraus sink picture

• SugarCookies
    12 years ago

I wiped it out and took a couple of pics of the sink and my partial backsplash install. :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• SaraKat
    12 years ago

Not the greatest picture but here is mine. The granite is black pearl but with all of the reflection it looks like something else. I think it's ok, I'm not really sure about it yet have only had it for about a month and it's in the laundry room. My old SS sink seemed to be smoother but maybe that was due to it's age. We'll see.

• crc532
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much to SaraKat and Sugar Cookies. They are very nice sinks. SaraKat, it doesn't seem as smooth as my Franke. That is definitely smooth. I have seen other Franke sinks since my kitchen was installed 10 years ago that do not seem as smooth. Stainless steel sinks need to be cleaned a lot I feel, so I just hope when it is clean, that it looks as nice as yours. I may order one and also order the Franke and see if I feel the Franke is worth the extra price.

• SaraKat
    12 years ago

crc532 What I noticed is that you can really see the horizontal threadlike lines in it that causes it to feel not as smooth. The free drain is a little lightweight and the sink liner is of ok quality. They both come included in the price. I think you can tell a difference in top of the line sinks but then again there is a huge price difference and that would be expected. We'll see how it holds up in the long run, that is the true test of how I'll feel about it. So much of what you get these days is just not up to the standards of years past. Things look good, but do they hold up, that's the difference. I'm not hopeful to tell you the truth, maybe those who have had them for many years can help us both to feel better about this aspect of things.

• crc532
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sarakat, I agree with you. I have had my Franke for 10 years and it looks really nice still, but I am not sure if my friends Frankes are not the same line as mine, because they don't resemble mine at all "frankly!". My mother always says that you get what you paid for. My friend has talked me into not compromising on the sink because you can't change it once it is in. This will hold my project up, but oh well. I will try to remember to let you know what I decide to get. My poor husband, kaching, kaching. He doesn't mind usually because I love, love to cook, so it is worth it to him. We don't go out a lot because of that reason.

• Emily
    12 years ago

I have a Kraus 70/30 and I love it! It is nice and deep and the 70 part is wide enough to lay a pan or skillet in it flat to clean. The sound dampening is great. It is an 18/10 ratio and 16 gauge which is supposed to be the best out there. We have only had it for about 4 months but so far we love it.
    Here is a pic, sorry about the fuzzy quality

• janjan212
    12 years ago

Thanks for the pictures of these sinks and your impressions of them. I am trying to decide on a sink now. I am attracted to all the expensive sinks it seems. The Orca Fireclay, another by Kohler that tops 1k. I wanted a Granite Composite, and the price is right but they don't have a single bowl that works in my corner cabinet. They are either too big, or too small, or double bowl. I am trying to get the best for my money and am sort of lost on the web. I ran across the Kraus 30" single bowl in stainless which seems to be the perfect size, and the price is the lowest I've seen.....but given that low price, I was afraid I wouldn't be happy with the quality. It seems everyone is though, so it eases my mind.