Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ideas--Madre Perola Quartzite with Wood Cabinets

Posted by melparlee (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 13:39

Greetings. We are in the process of selecting materials for our kitchen remodel. We've fallen in love with Madre Perola quartzite as counter top option. Originally I was going to pair with painted cabinetry but my husband is a little leery. In searching to get some ideas to visualize with wood cabinetry, I can't find much. Any of you out there with this combo. Particularly a cherry wood in a kitchen with a contemporary but warm feel. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ideas--Madre Perola Quartzite with Wood Cabinets

Not that you can see it very well but showing dark cherry cabs with madre perola.

o

This post was edited by gr8day on Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 19:41

o

o

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I used Madre Perola in my kitchen with contemporary styled cabinetry in rift sawn white oak stained with a very slight "cerusing" -- essentially it looks like the color of raw rift sawn. I love it.

o

I have natural cherry with the madre perla.

o

I have dark walnut with Brushed Madre Perla and a painted island.
From GW Photos

o

I love that stone too but the stone yard I talked to said the quarry has been closed. Perhaps there is more than one quarry producing it, but double check before you get your heart too set on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here