Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadco1

We can see clearly now, the update

shadco1
13 years ago

Back at the end of February I posted about the beginning of our Kitchen remodel, that included some work in the dining room.

The intent was to open up some views.

It's been like this now for about 2 weeks whilst DW and I anguished over tile choices. The tile won't come in until thursday and we got the pendants yesterday.

Here's where we are now, please disregard the ugly DR set since it will be replaced but I think you will get the idea.

There was a fair amount of scope creep during the project and the floors needed to be redone after the first attempt at refinishing.

This was the before

Comments (19)

• stacieann63
    13 years ago

Wow it's amazing. You did a great job opening up the space. As though it had always been that way. What a view!
    Congratulations

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

How wonderful to acquire that "new" view! You've done a terrific job.

• brianadarnell
    13 years ago

it looks AMAZING! I LOVE IT! I know that you must love it too! BTW- what faucet did you use? Do you like it? Looks like one I am considering.

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

These spaces look very coordinated and seem to have a happy vibe from all that light. Good for you, ShadCo!

Am particularly impressed that you have fabric coverings for the glass doors and that you can open and shut in various combos. Who made them? It's great to see this option in a real application.

• shadco1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The Faucet is from Kraus.

The Fabric (grass) coverings were here when we got the house 10 years ago and they haven't been lowered once, ;)

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Very pretty! You've done a great job.

• livefromtexas
    13 years ago

Beautiful! What paint color did you use on the cabinets? On the accent wall in the dining area is that a black, gray or navy? And what's on the wall? (Giving my painter my colors tomorrow so I'm a little obsessed with paint today!)

• shadco1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That's a greenish black next to Greenbriar beige from BM.

Cabinets are bisque from greenfield

• elba1
    13 years ago

Looks great!
    BTW, I don't think the dining room set is ugly.

• BlueKitten
    13 years ago

Wow, it looks fantastic! I love the colors you've chosen, especially that greeny-black in the dining room.

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

The kitchen looks GREAT! And in such a short time... amazing. Now... please go into your screen/sun room and take a few pictures then take a pic from in there of that view!... pretty please??

• shadco1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Now... please go into your screen/sun room and take a few pictures then take a pic from in there of that view!... pretty please??"

Ok

• Adrienne2011
    13 years ago

WHOA. This is your view? Holy macaroni. So, I think you need to improve your photography skills. They kind of are pathetic. :o)
    Just kidding!!!! These pictures are fantastic.

• cangelmd
    13 years ago

Wow, I need to show some people I know on the river what a little remodeling will do - absolutely gorgeous. Let me guess - coastal South? It looks like down near us, but we don't have a hint of hill close to the water.

• hellonasty
    13 years ago

Wonderful kitchen!!! So open and light and perfect! A dream to be in, I bet. Congratulations!!!

• itsallaboutthefood
    13 years ago

Wow...lovely!

• Lori Ryan
    13 years ago

Awesome photography!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Just awesome! Did not realize the skylights were original. Your view is amazing, too!

• User
    13 years ago

When I was looking at the kitchen pics I forgot about the view :) A testament to the great remodel. I love the teapots and the plants in the window.

Great pic with lightning ! You definitely have some gardening skills too. Really really nice. c