Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Why Why Why GW!! Email problems

cplover
13 years ago

So I would like to receive emails from people and have read the thread about how to do so, but for some reason GW will not let me update my member profile! Any insight?

Comments (9)

• plllog
    13 years ago

Did you click on Member Services at the bottom of the page with the threads list? And choose the one about editing your personal info? I think it's the second line? Did you make it to the form with your details?

If you can find that form, make sure the e-mail address you want to use is entered near the top, and check the box at the very bottom where it says to allow people to send you e-mail, and click the button to submit, send, or whatever it's called.

If you tried all that, is it that it won't accept your changes? I'm just not sure where you're having the problem.

• cplover
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pllog- yes that is exactly my problem. I am able to log in and click on the member services part and select the email options but when I go save it, it shows some weird error message. It will not let me make any changes to that page. So weird.

• cplover
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pllog- So I tried again and now it worked. Weird. I have tried 4 or 5 times over the last few days. Not sure why it is now working.

• plllog
    13 years ago

Newbie,

I'm glad that's resolved!! The answer is probably that they were doing some kind of work on the page that knocked it out of commission for a short time. It happens.

When you're an "oldie" you'll start thinking back with fondness about this episode as one of the more easily resolved issues. There have been some doozies. :)

• James McNulty
    9 years ago

I have pretty much avoided GardenWeb for years as I cannot update my profile. I keep getting an error message that "user name or password does not match".
    I am logged into my page using my user name and my password, I just updated it after becoming frustrated 5 years or so.
    However, nothing has changed. I see my user name, my personal profile, but I cannot include my name, area, garden zone, or OK receiving emails.
    Anyone have any idea how to fix this years old "dead end"?
    Thanks if you have a clue. Anyone I can contact?
    Heck, I just realized that you can't even let me know as I cannot enable this feature on my Preferences page - the problem I am talking about.

• Carrie B
    9 years ago

I've got a similar issue, but my profile & permissions are all as they should be. I don't get GW email & haven't in years. After using the "contact us" button several times with no response, I finally searched the site. Turns out that Verizon is incompatible, so, no GW emails to Verizon.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

I was told it won't work without entering your complete birth date in your profile.

• amck2
    9 years ago

I'm glad somebody posted about this. Someone in Home Decorating recently offered to give me an artist's name if I emailed her & set my email preferences to receive.

I tried to no avail to do this. Glad to know I'm not alone having difficulties with something that appeared to be so simple to do.

• Gemcap
    9 years ago

I had this same problem and finally asked the GW Admin to assist. They said that it was because a location field was blank (not sure how, because I had filled in everything so the system was obviously not picking it up). The GW Admin were amazingly prompt and helpful in resolving it. They changed the password, filled in the details and then sent me a link to reset the pw. Please see excerpts of the correspondence below - hopefully this may be of use to you?

Excerpts of my mail
    I am trying to change my profile. However no matter what I do (and how often I key the same passwords in), the message is always Passwords do not match/ Invalid password. Would you be able to assist?

Excerpts of response
    Is it possible you've left one of the fields in the profile blank, or do you have the birth date filled out This portion of the form is now a required field, and will sometimes cause a glitch with saving profile changes if it's not added in there. If you've added a date and are still experiencing trouble saving changes, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Excerpts of my mail

I have filled in all the fields. I am still unable to change the profile and the error message remains the same.

Excerpts of response
    It appears that because the location form fields were blank, this was what was preventing your from saving any changes. Once I filled in these fields, I was able to successfully change your profile.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH