Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a grey paint color for the kitchen-

Posted by Boops2012 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 13:10

Tried Collonade grey-too beige under my led lights. Tried Dolphin too blue and looks too much like prison grey.Any others to try?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a grey paint color for the kitchen-

BM Color Stories Capuccino Froth dulce de leche or Plaster of Paris are light pretty full spectrum ones.

These are light. They have quite a few neutral grays.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 20:57

o

On my monitor cappucino froth looks pink.

o

BM Tinsmith is a true grey. We tried many, many gray paints before we found it. It was the only one w/o undertones.

o

We used SW Unusual Gray.

o

SW Gray Clouds

o

Mythic Strictly Silver.

o

Gray is one of the hardest colors to choose, in my opinion--we went through about a dozen samples for our kitchen cabinets and are now nearing that number for our bathroom walls! Which grays have undertones (and what they are) depends a lot on your space and your lighting--there are really no "true" grays that will read exactly the same in every room, sadly.

Some that I like, though:
- BM Sea Haze (what we chose for our cabinets--this has green undertones but worked for us in a space where blue and beige undertones looked awful)
- BM Gray Owl, one color down on the same swatch, also a neutral green gray
- BM Pashmina--more of a greige but a nice brownish warm gray; again, might work if blue grays aren't cutting it
- BM Fieldstone if a darker gray works

Some to skip:
- BM Revere Pewter and Gray Horse both read blue in our house though they are lovely if that's not an issue (and again, YMMV)

Good luck!!

o

Are you going for light or dark? Do you want a particular undertone?

We also went through many iterations of greys. We like Pewter (not Revere Pewter) for a dark grey and Cliffside Gray for a light one. Cliffside reads either blue or green depending on context and time of day. I love it.

o

I couldn’t pull off white so I went with BM’s Cumulus Cloud 1550 and painted my oak cabinets gray. Thunderstorm is also a popular BM gray but it has a slight green tint (IMO). Below are the pictures. They aren’t the greatest since I don’t have a fancy camera.

photo Untitled-1-2_zps5d33a5c9.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: More b&a pics

o

We used sw Agreeable gray.

o

Thanks for all the responses guess I need to hit BM and Sw tomorrow. I do think its my leds. It seems to pull more beige out of the greige that I'm looking for.

o

We used BM Platinum Gray

o

I used BM Pashmina (greige) in dining and kitchen with BM Wish (light grey) in the entry hall.

o

We used SW Silverpointe after painting about a dozen samples on the wall. In my kitchen it looked like a true light gray without strong blue or beige tones. As a bonus, it is currently sale time at SW! I know that greys vary so much room to room, but here is a pic anyway.

photo 006-3.jpg

o

Sorry, I got the name wrong. It was supposed to be Dulce de Leche. It's pale and on the warm side. Plaster of Paris is also a light gray that's pretty and neutral. I looked at them earlier today and they have quite a few grays that appear very neutral and many that are darker, if that's what you need.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here