Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michoumonster

matching wood corbels to cabinets? and where to buy?

michoumonster
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for some walnut wood corbels. There are many online places, not all have walnut though.
if you bought wood corbels, did you buy any wood and try to match stain with your cabinets, or did you get the same species of wood as your cabinets?
I was wondering if any of you had good luck with particular places for buying corbels you could share as well? thank you!

Comments (8)

• kompy
    10 years ago

Art for Everyday carries most items in Walnut and other uncommon woods. Check them out!

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kompy! their stuff looks beautiful!

• deveson
    10 years ago

I love the corbels from art for everyday but when I went to ask for a price quote they said they would call me. They did but I was told that they don't sell to the general public (like do it yourselves like myself). They only sell to businesses.

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hi luvspringtime, that is interesting. i did get a quote for corbels from them after filling in their online form. they called me but it was way out of budget for me.. i am seeing if maybe i can skip having corbels for a while to see how i like the look.

• angela12345
    10 years ago

Corbels for under the breakfast bar overhang at the counter ? We bought pine corbels for about $10 each from Lowes and stained them to match our cherry cabinets. If you have granite counters, you need some kind of support under the overhang if it is more than 10" (?) deep. Too tired to look up the specs right now.

• _sophiewheeler
    10 years ago

There is no substitute for buying the matching corbels from your cabinet company. Unless you are painting, and have bought paint from the cabinet company. Matching "close enough" with both the grain and the stain doesn't stay that way over time. If you can't afford the cabinet company corbels, then choose something that coordinates but deliberately contrasts, like wrought iron or maybe a modern looking stainless steel.

• repac
    10 years ago

Have you seen the Enkeboll site? They have a huge selection of designs, and they come in 7 different types of wood including black walnut. Prices and cart are on their site.

We were going to use an Enkeboll onlay in our kitchen but wound up not doing it, so I can't tell you what they look like in person. However, two KDs that we worked with recommended Enkeboll.

Here is a link that might be useful: Enkeboll Fine Architectural Woodcarvings

• kompy
    10 years ago

If you are ordering from a custom grade cabinet manufacturer, ie Plain & Fancy....many of them have accounts with Enkeboll and Art for Everyday and they can order for you...and finish them to match and deliver with the kitchen. Or call a KD who can order for you. There will be a finishing charge from the cabinet co.

I agree that some stained finishes, especiallly maple stains, are best ordered WITH the manufacturer....they are very difficult to match a factory finish. Woods like walnut, cherry and alder are easier. Lower grade cabinets are harder to match too sometimes because they use lower grade woods and sometimes use primers or pre-stains that are nearly impossible to match!

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area