Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solution for microwave placement

Posted by eyezonz (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 13:09

Wanted to share what I did with microwave placement in my kitchen. I read a lot of post of people trying to figure out the best way to add a microwave in their kitchen, and this is what worked for me.

I chose to put a the OTR microwave on the wall versus any other size space saver or built in microwave because of availability. There will always be 30" OTR microwaves but built in and freestanding microwaves constantly change and are discontinued. So whenever it goes out I wanted to be able to replace it with no worries and still have a finished look.

I had a custom 33" cabinet made but after the front face finishing the opening I believe is about 31" or so, not sure of how much it cost but I really like it

photo IMG_5683_zps08effb89.jpg

photo IMG_5712_zps8970e6ba.jpg

This post was edited by eyezonz on Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 13:15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solution for microwave placement

Clever! Also on the future if you don't want to buy another OTR microwave, you could just have a shelf installed in the bottom and put a regular countertop model in there.

o

That is very clever.

o

pictures with otr microwave installed

photo IMG_5893_zps93925c15.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here