Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Under cabinet compost bin storage

Posted by Eden-Manor (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 13:04

I found this while searching for a compost bin storage solution. I don't want to put it a huge hole into my soapstone, so I love this solution and I'm determined to make it work. My question is, how do you get this wood attached to the cabinetry door? Dumb question, I know...but I'm not a carpenter with such knowledge so be nice! ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Genius compost storage

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Under cabinet compost bin storage

if you read the article that goes along with the picture, the author tells you that he used undermount Blum drawer slides to build this pullout. It is essentially a drawer with a large face, mounted upside down and with holes cut in the horizontal face to hold the bins.

I love Fine Homebuilding

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Fine Homebuilding article

o

If you look at it, it's a drawer that uses the cabinet door as a drawer front.

You install the drawer with the cutouts, hold the door in position and drill through it into the front of the compost drawer ... attach the handle through both pieces of wood.

o

He says he built a maple roll out...I think that's what confused me. The Blum item is a mechanism that allows you to push on the door and it pops out.

I'm clearly very inept when it comes to this! I just see good ideas and I want them incorporated. ;)

o

I love the supervisor in the picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here