Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet size for 23" sink..

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 12:59

I went to look at faucets yesterday and was surprised at how big they looked.
The sink I've chosen is a Kohler undertone 23" stainless. We are very limited for space in our kitchen.

Anyway now I'm not sure on how big of a faucet to get. I want a tall faucet with a pull down spray.
I'm considering the Grohe Concetto or the Blanco Ice pull down which is a bit taller than the Grohe.

The salesperson at the plumbing store suggested staying away from chunkier faucets like the Ladylux cafe from Grohe.

Any suggestions? What would be a good size faucet for a smaller sink?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet size for 23" sink..

My sink is 23" x 17" and I looked at dang near every faucet trying to find a smaller profile. Eventually I just got one that had the features I wanted. The pull-downs are all big, but with the deeper sinks, it will look okay after you get used to it. It helps that ours is on a large peninsula.

Mine has a flared sprayer which makes it look bigger, but that's what felt comfortable in my hand. The sprayers that look like an extension of the pipe have only enough room for two fingers to grip. Trying to spray down a sink with that type felt to me like milking a cow....not that I've ever milked one....

o

May_flowers, which faucet did you end up getting?

o

It's Fluid, a Canadian company. I bought it through Keller's Plumbing, a bath and kitchen showroom throughout the PNW.

o

Thanks for the pic! It looks really good with your sink.
I'm actually in Canada.

o

The sink always looks smaller in photos too. It might be that chambord edge. I was sold on Silgranite here and it's all I could fit in a 28" sink base.

We really like the faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fluid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here