Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slappified

90% finished reveal

Slappified
10 years ago

Getting around to the last little bit is taking too long so I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have. I still have a little crown to put up, paint,, and some caulking. Thanks to everyone for the great information on this board. The only picture not shown is the wall with the pantry and I don't want to show it until I finish painting.

The pictures aren't great since I was using my phone.

Comments (23)

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

Wow! That looks so pretty! I was going to go with black appliances with my dark cabinets, but got nervous it would be too dark in my small kitchen. Now that I see how nice it looks, I am jealous! Everything looks so lovely together! Nice job.

• karen_belle
    10 years ago

I love how the decorative stripe in your backsplash pulls the granite movement up onto the wall. Nice kitchen!

• stacieann63
    10 years ago

It's lovely! Your blacksplash looks great behind the range and hood. Congratulations.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I was going to go with Jenn Air black floating glass but was afraid that a wall of black would drain the light from the room but your lovely kitchen proves that theory to be wrong! I love it! Wishing you many years enjoying your lovely kitchen.

• MNexlurker
    10 years ago

Love the kitchen. You did a wonderful job. Enjoy many a meal.

• Linda
    10 years ago

Very nice! Do you have "before" pictures so we can see the contrast? I had black appliances in my last house, and loved them!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

You are teasing us - just showing a few pictures. I want to see more!
    I remember being at this stage just under a year ago - and you have a backsplash!!
    Congrats and looking for your final reveal.

• scootermom
    10 years ago

Mmm, very nice! Warm, calm, and beautiful. I love the backsplash! Good idea to keep the Easter baskets handy in case the chef needs a little chocolate boost now and then. :-)

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

It's beautiful! Look forward to seeing more. And everyone will want to know the details.

• rovo
    10 years ago

Yes, details please! What is the countertop? The colors are lovely with your backsplash.

• Slappified
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for the comments. This project has been on the list a long time (more than 10 yrs) and its nice to finally be able to do it. We've remodeled everything in this house except for the framing.

I'll try to get more pictures (before and after) up soon.

As for details:

Cabinets: Kraftmaid - Cognac
    Granite: New Venetian Gold
    Floor: Travertine - Walnut
    Appliances: Black - though the hood was stainless and I sanded and painted it with black epoxy paint.
    LED under cabinet lights (Cheap ones from lowes)
    Backsplash: Grafton Listello, 6"x6" sandlewood tumbled travertine, and Jinshan Pepin
    Door Hardware: Amerock - Antique Silver
    Light over sink: Kichler Bellamy Light - Antique Pewter

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Lovely space, warm and inviting. Your backsplash detail really adds movement and goes beautifully with the other elements in your kitchen. Congratulations and looking forward to your next finished post!

• texasgal47
    10 years ago

Slappified, love how your new space coordinates, as well as all the materials you chose. The cabinets, counter, and backsplash are all gorgeous. Well done!!! Can't wait to see more.

• njasmine1
    10 years ago

Very nice, I always though new Venetian gold colors was a white, brown, and yellow but it seems you have black in your I like that.

• njasmine1
    10 years ago

Very nice, I always though new Venetian gold colors was a white, brown, and yellow but it seems you have black in your I like that.

• njasmine1
    10 years ago

• deedles
    10 years ago

Really pretty. Love to see the befores and more detail pics, too. Looks wonderful, though!

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

Also, we would love to see the floor. Great job!

• taggie
    10 years ago

Wow, those cabinets are beautiful! I really love the color and the depth of stain, it looks fantastic. I like the pulls you chose, what are they? Lovely warm kitchen, you did a great job! Congratulations.

• chiefy
    10 years ago

Really beautiful! I love how your accent tiles bring in a little bit of movement and not necessarily new colors like mosaics do.

• Slappified
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I'll try to get more pictures up (before and after) but just ignore there's a lot of missing paint.

Taggie:

The pulls are Amerock Extensity in Antique Silver. Three different sizes are used in the kitchen (3" on the small drawers, 5" on doors, and 7" on the large drawers).

• Slappified
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are some before pictures. The fridge was originally in the space where the armoire is but the dw wouldn't open. We lived without a dw for 8 years before we decided to just move the fridge to the corner which left a big hole in the counter. We had the armoire sitting in another room unused and it fit perfectly in the hole so it gave us a much needed pantry. Overall it was a terrible design.

• Slappified
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are some additional pictures. I have two toddlers so I couldn't keep the toys out long enough to even take pictures.