Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with picking paint color

Posted by bpage40 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 12:45

I am in desperate need of help picking a paint color... I know that this is a personal thing but I am just soo overwhelmed. here is a photo of what i have to work with, recently updated counter tops and backsplash.

This post was edited by bpage40 on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 13:13

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with picking paint color

Will you have any curtains, valances, pillows, seat cushions, any fabric in this space?
If yes, then this is what I suggest:
- go get the fabric first, then pull 1 or 2 colors from the fabric.

I painted my walls first and now I'm having trouble finding the right curtains for my french doors. It's always the wrong shade from the wall paint color.

I did it right in my office.
I found my gorgeous curtains first, and then chose the paint color from one of the colors in the curtains.
And so my office looks like it was planned like that, instead of having something that is close but doesn't quite match each other.

Amanda

o

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to suggest a paint color based on a photograph. It's true ... shopping for paint can be pretty overwhelming ... even beige and white are available in about a zillion different shades.

My main requirements for my paint color was that it not take center stage nor clash with anything else. I took sampes of my cabinet wood, granite, and backsplash materials with me to pick out paint samples. After bringing them back home and looking at them in every conceivable light, I still ended up buying at least half a dozen sample-sized cans before finding a shade that went with everything.

Maybe you can pull a color from your backsplash mosaic tiles?

o

thanks amanda, I do need to pick out valance and seat cushions still. I just knew i wanted some earthtone color I guess I should have said that I have an adjoining family room with full wall fireplace and I guess I am trying to carry through the colors somewhat the carpet is a light brown texture with creme colored sofa and the chairs are a burgundy/brown leather recliners very warm and comfortable

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here