Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ikea Kitchen Planner: Adding custom island??

Posted by buildinva (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 12:42

I'm using the Ikea Kitchen Planner but cannot figure out how to add a custom island in the dimensions I want. I've googled, searched here, and experimented for over an hour with the software (which is very counter intuitive for me). I'm beyond frustrated. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ikea Kitchen Planner: Adding custom island??

You will probably have better luck getting advise at the ikeafans website.

I would probably add a sizable appliance or table in the spot just to help with proportions. That said, I'm no pro. I can't get it to do fillers like I want or reversing my drawers in the dead space (so facing my dining area, instead of kitchen).

o

You will get great advice where the Ikea experts hang out. The forums at ikeafans.com

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea forums

o

I do not remember how, but there was a combo of keystrokes -- not mentioned on the planner instructions -- that would allow you to set a cabinet just where you wanted it, detached from the "force" that insists on dragging it to the position of its choice.

I used this to set cabinet bases for an island, pulling them this way and that to play with the outside dimensions.

If it's still possible, they will know how to do it over on ikeafans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here