Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet reach for Blanco 1 1/2 bowl sink

Posted by bedelia (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 12:39

I just read the recent message about location of faucet. I purchased the Blanco siligranit 1 1/2 bowl sink that will be top mounted onto laminate. The faucet hole is lined up with the divider.

I see faucets with enough reach for the small basin, but a 10" reach sounds like it would not reach very far into the large left basin. I feel like whatever I'm washing would be jammed into the corner just so the water would reach it.

Someone mentioned the angle of the faucet - would that take care of it?

I'm looking for either a pull out or pull down faucet. Wondering if anyone has this sink and what faucet they have. Any other opinions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet reach for Blanco 1 1/2 bowl sink

I have the low divide Silgranit - you don't want the faucet to be able to rotate past the small sink and land on the counter top.
it looks like the smaller bowl is 9 inches - so draw a radius with your 10 inch faucet reach and you should be just inside the perimeter - Don't worry about it landing directly over the bigger sink hole - some say yes but I am in the camp that it is better to land slightly in front of the hole and allow the water to wash things into the hole (and generally less splash - splash happens when the flow hits uneven surfaces)

Your spray head(either pull out or pull down) will take care of the rest.

o

Thanks for your response. I did the 10" radius thing and it looks like it should work.

o

Great! I used a coat hanger shaped like my faucet and a cardboard sink to figure out my radius. Then with sink in place, I checked one more time.

o

Kudos to you both for checking these faucet sink issues. It's helpful and encouraging to us who are still pre-purchase. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here