Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Northeast Florida Cabinets

Posted by GotALife9007 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 12:33

I'm looking for advice on semi-custom cabinets for our kitchen. We started looking around and really like the InnerMost brand (made by Elkay), exclusive to Home Depot, but got sticker shock at the ballpark estimate of $20,000, just for the cabinets. At that price, I thought it might be worth looking at custom cabinets, and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a cabinet maker. Friends from Illinois had custom Amish-made cabinets and paid $12K for a kitchen much larger than ours. I'm in the Jacksonville area and would appreciate any help and advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Northeast Florida Cabinets

Hi neighbor- St. Johns County here. We used a really amazing custom cabinet maker named Jeff Kerr to do our kitchen and living room built ins. I wanted white inset shaker cabinets, which he had never done (not very popular around here). I showed him a picture of a kitchen from Garden Web and he did an amazing job! He did ours for way less than a cabinet company quoted for full overlay. Here are some pictures...completed in 2009...
 photo CopyofCopyofhousepicsmay10029.jpg

photo CopyofCopyofhousepicsmay10034.jpg

photo CopyofCopyofhousepicsmay10035.jpg

photo Copyofhousepicsmay10040.jpg

Let me know if you need his contact info! Good luck with your build!

o

I'm in St. Johns county too. Our kitchen reno is still under way but we've been happy with the company we are using. It's a family owned & they're in the process of building a new showroom in Mandarin. I can forward you the information if you are interested. I'd post some pics but my backsplash isn't up yet. I will once everything is complete.

Angel411, your kitchen is gorgeous. Your cabinet maker did an absolutely beautiful job.

o

I'm still in the planning stages, so I don't any info to offer. But I'm in Mandarin and I'd love to know more from Angel411 & kgolby.

Angel411, would you provide Jeff's contact information? Looks like he did a wonderful job!

Kgolby, what is the name of the company you're using? Do you know where in Mandarin their new showroom is being built?

TIA,
tmy_jax

o

Sure! Glad to help. Can you send me an email from my page and I will send you his info? Thanks!

How exciting to know there are so many NEFL Gardenwebbers!

o

tmy_jax, sent you an email with information about the company we are using.

Totally agree, angel411.

o

Yes, all are fascinating no doubt, but my elder brother would like to use granite, marble and engineered stone in the composition. As I visited them in to granitekitchenstudio.com/ that have been providing quality products and services to residential customers in the tri- state area since 2004, then can you advise whether it will be significant decision to hold on the way just right?

Here is a link that might be useful: www.granitekitchenstudio.com/

o

Stop spamming!

o

angel411 and kgolby : Thanks for your responses! I've sent each of you emails through your home page requesting contact info on your cabinet makers.

o

Hey Gotalife,
I responded to your email this morning. I don't think your email is enabled according to the message I got. I think you have to go into your page and set that up somehow. Let me know if you can't get it and I'll just post his contact info onto this thread. Thanks!

o

Kgolby - Received your information today.

Thanx again!
tmy_jax

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here