Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
undermount sink installation (3cm granite)

Posted by janeflaherty (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 12:26

The granite fabricators installed an undermount stainless sink (freebie from Home Depot) for the remodel.

I'm not too happy with the installation (see pics of underside). Seems very flimsy. Does anyone have any opinions about the wood mounting and metal strapping the installer constructed?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: undermount sink installation (3cm granite)

You should put both photos in this thread.

o

That wimpy lone piece of strapping doesn't appear to be doing a whole lot. And all else done correctly, is unnecessary.

Looking at your other picture which shows some of the wood support, how substantial are those pieces of wood? Are they on all 4 sides of the sink? How do they attach to the base cab?

o

Not sure what is going on there. You could retrofit a Sink Setter (see link below).

Here is a link that might be useful: Sink Setter

o

Can you install Sink Setter after the fact? It requires brackets screwed to the cabinet to hold the hardware in place. I don't think you could do that with the sink in place.

This post was edited by annkh on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 16:01

o

It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done (depending on the size of the sink and cabinet). I have a 36" cab and 28" sink. Naturally, I installed my sink setter before I installed my sink, but if I had to have, I could have screwed the brackets to the cab walls with a stubby screwdriver. YMMV.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here