Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babushka_cat_gw

Are you happy with your Omega Dynasty cabinets?

babushka_cat
13 years ago

I am zeroing in on Omega Dynasty line for my cabinet selection. Placid inset door, no bead, concealed hinges. Debating between pearl and oyster paint color. Are you satisfied with your purchase - anything I should be aware of?

Comments (16)

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

My sister just remodeled her kitchen in December of 2009 and loves her Omega Dynasty..She isn't on this forum, but I will ask her your question.

• lkremodel
    13 years ago

We've had them for almost 3 years and they are well made. We had to reject a couple of cabinet doors (warped wood strips that would hold glass) and 1 cabinet came in the wrong size. These were quickly replaced without hesitation by both dealer and company.

We have some large, wide drawers holding heavy pots that are showing no signs of strain.

I'd definitely buy them again.

• Buehl
    13 years ago

I have Omega Dynasty and love my cabinets! However, I have a full-overlay door, not an inset, and stained cherry, not painted. The finish has been wonderful, all the hardware works so smoothly & well, the soft-close on the drawers is great, and they have excellent customer service!

An added advantage of Omega Dynasty is that most door styles are also in the Omega Custom line so if you need a Custom cabinet or two, you can "mix & match"...use the less expensive Dynasty semi-custom line for most cabinets and just use the Custom line for the cabinets when they're either only available in Custom or if it costs less to get a Custom cabinet than modify a Dynasty cabinet.

One thing...it's expensive to get soft-close for cabinet doors, so I recommend not getting the soft-close for the doors and adding the a soft-close damper after-market...that's what we did. However, get the soft-close drawers (they were standard on ours, so I suspect they'll be standard for you as well). Soft-close drawer hardware is built into the drawer glides so to replace non-soft-close drawer hardware later would require all new drawer glides.

Dampers installed after-market:

Entire kitchen

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

babushka...Sister "LOVES her cabinets..They were delivered ON TIME and when she needed extra trim, that too was delivered ON TIME..."

• lagrant
    13 years ago

LOVE my Omega Dynasty cabinets. I have full overlay white painted maple in Pearl. The white cleans up very very well with minimal effort. I had no cabinets that had any issues and did not need to send any back. I would and will buy them again in a HEARTBEAT!

I have many large drawers that hold very heavy items and there are zero signs of strain.

HTH!!!

• tatter
    13 years ago

We just installed our Omega cabinets and here is our experience -- the company seems very fair and responsible. Any cabinet that had a problem they have replaced via the warranty. Some of the doors were warped, but we ordered solid wood and I know that can be an issue no matter how well they're made. One of the cabinets arrived badly damaged but it was a shipping issue and they replaced the cabinet ASAP.

The biggest error was involving a cabinet on our island that's supposed to have a 45-degree angle (see in photo below). We ordered the cabinet to be 18" deep instead of 24". But when they made the cabinet less deep they didn't account for the angle, so the one you see in the picture doesn't line up angle-wise with the peninsula across from it (which is set at 45-degrees). Also, we had ordered furniture feet but on this one cabinet they didn't set the toe-kick back like it should have been. But when we contacted them there was absolutely no argument from them and they are replacing the cabinet free of charge.

Our cabinets are cherry with the sable finish and a coffee glaze. I can't wait to see them fully installed and the kitchen finished!

• natenvalsmom
    13 years ago

We have Omega Dynasty cabinets, full overlay. The perimeters are maple, Oyster finish with a very subtle caramel glaze. The island is alder with a sable finish and a coffee glaze. They were delivered on time, packed securely, and every cabinet was in perfect condition. After we ordered the cabinets we decided to also get large drawer/cabinets for a banquette. They came in a few weeks later, but they match perfectly. We have had them installed since Sept. 09, and love them! Everything looks great, and they function perfectly. I would have no hesitation dealing with them again!

• amck2
    13 years ago

I love my Omega Dynasty cabinets. I've had them in for 2 yrs. and they look like new. Mine are full overlay w/ Pearl painted finish on the perimeter. My island is a custom blue/grey stain. Love them!!

• babushka_cat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you all so much for your replies - great to hear their track record is good!

• dakota01
    13 years ago

I am considering Omega/Dynasty cabs also - glad to read all the good reviews on them.

• susie1010
    13 years ago

We like our Dynasty cabinets, with a few Omega custom pieces, in our small U shaped kitchen very much. I wanted a fairly monochromatic honey caramel kitchen. We used rustic alder wood with a honey stain and bronze glaze. During installation, there was beadboard at the end of the peninsula that came in the wrong size and it was replaced very quickly. We decided to put panels at the end of our upper cabinets after installation. They came in quickly and matched perfectly. since then, the cabinets have held up beautifully and wipe off easily. I liked the door fronts better than the drawer fronts and with Dynasty you can't mix and match. The KD ordered door fronts turned on the side for the deeper drawers. Dynasty / Omega constructed them so that the wood grain went in the same direction as the rest of the drawers.

It took me about 3 months to decide on door/drawer styles. I like to see them in person and when I called Omega/dynasty Customer Service, they listed every dealer near me and which styles they had in their showrooms.

The door fronts are turned sideways on the deeper drawers.

The custom TV cabinet on the family room side of the peninsula.

• td968
    13 years ago

Hi, what a great forum! I'm just about ready to order Omega Dynasty cabinets for my new kitchen. Buehl -- can I ask you what color stain you went with on your cherry cabinets? It looks pretty close to one of the samples I have. Your photos are beautiful! I hope that you are enjoying your new space.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

• Nakian13
    12 years ago

We bought Dynasty Red Birch Cabinets. They were double the price of other brands and we purchased them thinking we were getting quality wood cabinets. We just moved into our new home and have 2 boxes of crackers on a shelf in our 39" wall cabinet and the shelf is bowed already. After looking at the cabinets, they sent us particle board shleves. I didn't even think that this company made particle board cabinets. Wish I could undo this purchase. What is going to happen if I actually put stuff on the shelves? There is no re-enforcement in the middle. Maybe this company used to manufacture quality cabinets but you can't prove it by my house. I will have to post a picture. I am livid. I have contacted the dealer and Omega and was told that the shelves are rated for 45 pounds and should be fine. Hello, they are not fine with less than two pounds on them. Not quality cabinets and they do not warranty their shabby product. Total disappointment.

• kitellie49
    11 years ago

Hi Nakian,

I sell Dynasty cabinetry. You need to contact your dealer and ask him for the "Hide-a-Block" shelf supports for your 39" wide cabinet. They should have come with the cabinet and your dealer will be able to get them for you at no cost to you. Your dealer should also have someone from the showroom install them for you as they were not originally sent.

• agolden323
    5 years ago

I ordered the Omega Dynasty, with Shaker doors and slab-front drawers, installed January 2015. I chose Omega because I couldn't find any other cabinet with the Portobello color. Not even four years later I am regretting this decision. The cabinets look great, however, have several fatal flaws. The Shaker frame is not beveled. Therefore, water and moisture roll down the inset panel and collect in the frame, causing warping and bubbling of the painted finish. Even the flat-front drawers collect moisture, causing drip-size warps along the bottom. This is unacceptable. Even though we wipe the cabinets after cooking and washing dishes, kitchens are WET. Cabinets must be designed to withstand moisture. Furthermore, every edge of every cabinet door is showing chips and wear, exposing the wood under the paint. We don't have pets or small children, so there is not anything unusually intense about our use of the kitchen.

The company (Masterbrand) is standing behind their cabinets and has replaced most of the affected drawer fronts and doors. However, the cabinet box frames are also showing considerable wear (even cracks in sink base frame), and those cannot be replaced. Again, this is unacceptable for a premium-priced product after less than four years of average use.

Ironically, I purchased a less-expensive Masterbrand cabinet (Thomasville) from Home Depot for my master bathroom vanity. Also painted Shaker style, but with beveled frames and mitered drawers. No signs whatsoever of paint wear, chipping or warping. The vanity looks as good as new. Not so my kitchen.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022