Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julia42

Anybody have Porto Rosa granite countertops?

julia42
10 years ago

We're getting ready to start our kitchen remodel. I'm 100% certain I want to have white shaker style cabinets, and I've been pretty certain I want black granite countertops. Mostly I've been looking at Absolute Black granite. Yesterday, however, I went to a granite yard and found a slab of "Porto Rosa" granite that caught my eye, and my mind keeps wandering back to it.

I think black countertops will look great and classic, but they lack some personality, and I think this Porto Rosa would look great with the only backsplash I've found that I really really like. I really like that the patterning is veined rather than splotchy.

However, I have seen other granites that I've liked in the slab yard but haven't liked when I've seen them as countertops. I couldn't find many pictures of Porto Rosa installed online. I was hoping maybe some of you out there might have Porto Rosa in your kitchen and could comment on it or, even better, post photos. Does it feel very busy? Does it give a strong impression of "pink", or does the black have the most visual impact?

Also, if anybody has suggestions of other (non-brown) granites that are more veined than splotchy, I'd be interested in that too.

Thanks!
Julia

Comment (1)