Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moenstone Granite sink

Posted by snigel (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 11:48

My kitchen undermount Moenstone Granite sink split and will need replaced. Moen discontinued these and has no replacements. Does anyone know where we should check for possible inventory on these? We will have a major project and possibly have to replace the granite counters if we cannot find the exact sink. I have already checked amazon, ebay and craigslist. Any other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moenstone Granite sink

snigel:

I recently replaced a cheap stainless steel sink with a nice Franke granite for a customer. The cut-out didn't match perfectly, but it was surprisingly not that big a deal.

Measure your cut-out and you'll know what you're up against when sink shopping. Granite sink openings can be made larger and polished on site without too much expense.

o

This customer didn't want to spend the money to have his cut-out enlarged to match the sink, so the rear reveals don't match the sides and the deck overhangs a bit too much at the faucet curve.

o

This is my sink--see the left side cracked. Odd shape to have to fit. We went to showrooms today and it looks like if I want to keep undercounter mount, then I'm faced with replacing the granite because the sales people could not find anything that the granite could be cut bigger to fit. Or, I found one sink that we could trim back the curve in the back and drop in a top mount with a rim above the granite hole. Any other ideas? Or, places to try for a Moenstone sink this shape?

o

I'd slap some fiberglas on the bottom of that sink to stop the leak until I was ready to remodel.

o

Snigel
Any luck with the sink I am in the same boat as you??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here