Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
molly_phillips5546059

Which stools do you like?

Molly Phillips
11 years ago

Trying to decide between two different looks and wondered what your opinion is.

The peninsula panel is not on yet and we still need to hang the pendants, paint (that copper is not staying) and put up BS. As you can see, the colorful Fiestaware is evident through the glass cabinets (still have to put glass on, actually).

The two stools I'm thinking about are in the links below - if someone could do me the favor of posting them, I'd appreciate it because I am apparently not bright enough to figure it out on my own, despite having tried for the last 2 hours.

Laurainlincoln actually has the clear stools and I think they look great and disappear while looking cool. However, the price is double the red stools so I'm wondering if I should be practical and add that splash of color.

Here is my kitchen so far:

Here is a link that might be useful: Vapor Counter Stools

Comments (25)

• Molly Phillips
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And besides that link on the first post, here are the red stools I'm considering:

(p.s. questions about paint color and BS will come along soon as well! Just don't want to muddy this post)

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Counter Stools

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

I like both!!!

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

I think the Vapor would be wonderful in your kitchen. Much as I like red, the Vapor seems like one of those perfect finds for your space. Have you tried sitting in them?

• jellytoast
    11 years ago

I like both, but the red would tie in nicely with all those colorful dishes visible in your glass front cabinets.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

agree both are nice.... but the red chair in the green limeaide color also shown is what I would seriously consider if you want a color.

• Molly Phillips
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I haven't sat in either of them and am strictly going by reviews...both of which are very good. Thing with the red is, I can't decide if I want some color or not...sometimes I feel like red can look cliche when you're trying to add some color.

Love hearing everyone's thoughts! Keep them coming.

• xc60
    11 years ago

My vote is for the Vapor, perfect for your gorgeous kitchen.

• cathy725
    11 years ago

I think the vapor will allow you to change the look over time. Will you have a table/chairs in the open area past the peninsula? If so, what is that table like. If it is simple, you could tie in the red chairs with a table cloth.

How deep is your peninsula seating at the apex of the curve? I'm trying to figure out how much room I have for mine, so I'm curious on yours.

Kitchen looks wonderful!

• lolauren
    11 years ago

Vapor:

Red:
    {{!gwi}}

• localeater
    11 years ago

Hmmm, interesting choices. They are very different. The vapor is very modern and you can't spin it any other way. The red stool, is much more flexible style-wise. While I like the idea of a colorful stool, I am unsure of that red stool. The color seems off. Maybe it is the metal finish? I do like the way a vibrant color can add warmth.
    Check out mamadadapaige's white kitchen. It has lime green stool, that reflect the green in her painting. I love that color connection.

Here is a link that might be useful: mamadadapiage's kitchen

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

I do not care for the red at all.... both design and color. My vote is Vapor

• buildinva
    11 years ago

I also vote for vapor. Might use them in my own kitchen! They are gorgeous.

Would you mind telling me about your floor? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

• tea4all
    11 years ago

I like both stools but Vapor would be elegant in your space. Your kitchen is beautiful!

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

The red stool link is coming up as the home page for Overstock, so I can't see the red ones, but I adore the Vapor! Wanted them for my own kitchen, but need a little bit more padding.

• localeater
    11 years ago

I just thought of a possible negative for the Vapor- fingerprints. I have messy children and dogs and a very sunny kitchen. I think fingerprints, nose prints might drive me crazy.

• smiling
    11 years ago

One thing I'd worry about with both (but with the Vapor especially) is the visibility of scratching. At my house, the guys sitting in those Vapor stools with their jeans, especially those Levi's with the rivets! would have those Vapor stools scratched badly in no time. I looked them up to see if they were constructed of an extra-hardened material like lexan, but they're not, they're acrylic. YMMV but I'd want to see some that had been on display for a while to check that out.

• sas95
    11 years ago

I don't like either for your kitchen. I might do color, but maybe a painted wood rather than metal.

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

I love both. My first thought was to go with the Vapor (in case you get sick of red). But with the red...later on you could always spray paint the red stools a different color. And the question about children is important. I would pick the Vapor in a hearbeat, except I have small children who will smear and scratch. I'd be standing there with Windex and paper towels all day, cursing the scratches that won't come off ;-)

• lafacia
    11 years ago

The red, or any bright color picks up the color in your fiesta ware. Normally I'd vote for vapor but if you are a multi-colored fiesta ware collector then a pop of color suits you - and your kitchen. But you can't go wrong with the vapor.

• jeri
    11 years ago

I agree with Lafacia. :-)

• Molly Phillips
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow! How nice to log in and find compliments on a half-finished kitchen! I'm always in awe of everyone else's space so to read any interest on my own obsession is awesome.

@cathy725 - my peninsula is 85" long and the farthest it goes out is 16".

@buildinva - those are "country" hickory - the rest of our downstairs already had hickory so I felt we should stick with that. It has a slight variance from the rest of the original hickory so my dad came up with the idea of a walnut threshold to separate the floors - you can see it somewhat in that photo where the tile and wood meet.

I've considered bringing that walnut in by finding some stools that have that type of finish but most are too wide or too traditional for my space. I need 4 stools so anything wider than 16.5" would be too tight. I love those kind @homeimprovementmom posted but every one I've found is 19" wide or more.

FWIW, I am worried about the scratching with the Vapor. I have a 3 year old boy and for those of you who have boys, that's all I have to say. :)

• lala girl
    11 years ago

hi lovetodream - I am partial to the Vapor since we have had them for 2+ years and still love them. They worn great and have not scratched at all -- we have 2 boys (9 & 11) and I have many pairs of cleats in my house :)

For fingerprints, the best option I have found is 1 windex wipe will clean all 4 of them super quick (other wipes are too soapy) and I probably wipe the backs off weekly.

I think they are really comfortable - and FWIW in the winter, we throw small sheepskin throws over them for a bit of coziness (plus love the contrast between the shag and the acrylic, it looks fantastic). HTH!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Can I still vote ? green limeaide color (I know it wasn't one of the choices...)
    Beautiful kitchen :)

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Vapor! Love your nice curved peninsula.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022