Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
positano_gw

Looking for Kitchenkelly

positano
16 years ago

Hi there,

I love your kitchen floor, the mirage military green tile and I'm trying to locate it in NJ or NY. Do you have any contact numbers I could try? The website doesn't say where I could find it?

Are you happy with it? Does it clean easily? Show dirt, footprints etc? It looks great in your kitchen and I love the 12x24 size. I think it would be perfect for my kitchen and mudroom area.

Thanks so much!!

Paula

Comments (15)

• positano
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• positano
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Hi postiano. Yes, I love my tile. Very easy to care for. I have two dogs and never see many track marks. I think dark colors can look very rich.

I got my tile from a local shop in MN. Below is another store but they are in CA.

Have you looked around at local shops in your area? There seems to ba alot of faux slates and real ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mirage Slate

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Here is link from the Flooring forum. I think Daltile is very popular.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

This one has green in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: porcelain look slate

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

OK, I think I like this one better than mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oh!

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Last one.

Here is a link that might be useful: last one

• positano
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You are so great, thanks for all the links. I saw the Daltile yesterday and wasn't sure about it. Then it was on Spice up my kitchen last night. Episode Love the house, hate the kitchen. They varied the sizes and did a hopscotch and it looked great. I really like how your looks so I may call California. Did you have a number of the store you got it from? Does yours look mostly green? I just don't want too much green.

I really appreciate your help, I wish I could just move into your kitchen.

Paula

• positano
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mirage just emailed me with some closer retailers.

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Cool! Mine isn't very green at all which seems strange since it is called Military Green. The bullnose pieces have alot of green so it may differ from different lots.

You are definitely going to see it person?

• positano
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Someone is sending a sample. I could drive a couple of hours to see it grouted in a larger sample. Think I should? I'm having a hard time locating the 12x24. I found it in Ca. but the shipping is deadly! Did you have a hard time finding it? How did you locate it?

• positano
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, I just got the sample of mirage. They were fast. I absolutely love it!! Goes perfectly with what I have in mind. Does it show dirt a lot? I have two young kids and now we have white vinyl floor that is driving me crazy. What do you clean it with?

And what color grout did you use?

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Doesn't show much dirt at all. I just use warm water to clean. (I think Bill V said that is OK.)

I have no idea what grout color I used (that was almost a year ago!) I know it was a huge decision. They brought me two different manufacturers of grout and I took them to work for a vote. It is definitely a greyish color with a hint of green. I think the rule of thumb is that if you use a lighter color it will show off the size of the tiles and if you use a color that is closer to the color of the tile it looks more blended in.

Glad you found a tile that you like! It is a big decision.

• gozalyn
    16 years ago

Can I ask KK a question too? I can't seem to e-mail her by clicking on her page.

How easy or hard is it to clean your white window sill behind your sink? Is it wood? I'm trying to determine how to deal with a window that can be either be at 33" counter height for a baking center, or perhaps I should make the baking center 30" - 31" and have it lower than the window.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kitchenkelly/Kitchen/photo#5100204022161694386

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Hi gozalyn, I love the painted sill versus wood. (I would have preferred granite back there but too late.) The paint is enamel/oil based so water and soap doesn't hurt it at all. I used to have an old wood window and the finish was wearing due to water being splashed on it.

Also, I have a bow window in the front of my house and it gets dog drool all the time. Cleans right up of the painted finish. Before I had it painted the finish was wearing from the drool. (May have been too much information.)

Good luck!