Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarina_gw

Help :) Doing splash now and grout color choice?

Sarina
10 years ago

Okay tile came in earlier then I thought it would and they had a cancellation in schedule so they called me this morning and are here now. The guy is just getting started and he loves the tile but questions the grout color. I do not remember it being real white when she showed it to me last week at the store but on paper I signed it said super white grout. I thought hmm well must not be really white . Now the guy doing tile said on biscuit tile he would go with bone grout or alabaster . What do you all think ? Maybe she wrote down the wrong grout color that day ? Does super white seem the right choice with biscuit colored tile?

Comments (9)

• niteshadepromises
    10 years ago

Doesn't sound right to me, super white sounds well.. super white:) I'd definitely check it

• msbubbaclees
    10 years ago

Can you pop by the store today to see the sample grout colors? My selections person had a little plastic tray with the sample colors that we could hold next to the tile. I agree with your tile guy, unless you are specifically looking for a contrasting grout to highlight the outlines/shape of the tile (which sometimes people do, often gray grout with white tile), I'd probably lean more towards a grout color that blended in more.

• msbubbaclees
    10 years ago

Came back to say, it's quite possible the tile person showed you one color grout and then wrote down the wrong thing on the order sheet. I had that happen once--grout was supposed to be stone colored to match the tile, and the contractor came to me after putting in several tiles with aqua grout to ask me if it was really what I wanted. Yikes! So, don't just think "the tile person must have written down the right thing"--double check for yourself.

• julieste
    10 years ago

Also, grout will be a LOT lighter when it dries than when it is wet.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I will for sure check it out before I let him grout anything. He will get to that I imagine tomorrow afternoon. His color things are different from what she has in store he has no super white. I am wondering if super white is not really white but an off white? Still would off white look good with the biscuit? Whatever she showed me in store last week looked good. Man always something huh:)

• LE
    10 years ago

I would forget about the names and make the selection based on how the grout looks with the tile. If I had to guess, I'd say he's right that alabaster or bone would be better. But to decide between them, base it on the samples. One is likely to be yellower than the other, for example.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

True ... The sample he has is another companies grout he says it is just as good and cheaper then one they send that is Tec Accuacolor grout. That they had to order in the other is in stock local from what he is saying. If we go with the tec will have to go over look and then order it and it will put the job behind. If I go with his grout then can pick it and he can bring in tomorrow. His brand is called custom. It is all unsanded.

• romy718
    10 years ago

The morning of grouting, my tile guy made up 3 or samples of a few pieces of tile with different grout colors.
    Excited for you that your tile is being installed. Please post some pics (tonight, ungrouted?)? We love backsplash install pics!

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay I will do that :)