Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are kitchen window micro-blinds passe' /

Posted by elphaba (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 11:36

Trying to get a window treatment for our 74 inch wide window (composed of three casements) over our sink. There are lovely options but some obstacles. One is that countertops are in line with countertop which I love but splashes from sink need to be wiped easily from the window shade/blind.
Solar shades are possible since there is almost too much sun in the summer but I don't know if solar shades will inhibit "peeping toms" at night. Planning a fabric valence so shades will all there will be on the bottom end of the windows. Hence, I'm thinking micro-blinds might be better.
Maybe I should be posting in the home decorating forum but wanted to see if any of you have dealt with sink splashing on the kitchen window treatment. Has anyone used micro-blinds on a very modern (Ikea) styled kitchen?
We currently have a temporary sink (and no countertops yet) but water is splashing a bit so not inventing a problem that doesn't exist.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are kitchen window micro-blinds passe' /

I have been predicting the return of...kitchen curtains! Cheap, easily washable, pretty curtains. That's what I'm planning to do in my kitchen. You can't have uppers right up against the window sides if you want curtains, but I consider that a plus ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here