Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Hardware and Backsplash Help

chisue
10 years ago

My Maui condo has "Maui Dirt" (reddish) slightly textured 13" diagonal tile floor throughout, including the kitchen. The kitchen is interior, 9 X 9 in a "U" shape. Two walls meet in the rear corner and have upper cabinets. The third side of the "U" is open over the sink, looking out into dining area and on through sliders to the lanai and partial ocean view. (Lots of green and blue out there.)

We're refacing cabinets with new laminate doors in a light shade of "bamboo" with vertical striations. The solid Corian countertop with integral double sink is bisque. I'm buying bisque appliances that closely match the countertop.

I'm stuck on the material and color for backsplash to provide a little relief to all this 'calm'. I'm also unsure what material the hardware and sink faucet should be. (The condo is in a rental pool when we are not there, so I need to be 'practical'.)

Possible backsplash of beige tile, but with inset tiles with colorful sea-life? AFAIK none of the appliances has metal trim, so I don't see SS pulls or faucet.

Comments (4)