Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for 1.5 x 6 or 1.5 x anything tile?

Posted by browneyes776 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 11:12

I'm looking to find a 1.5 in wide tile possibly for a backsplash area. I'm having a very difficult time finding any other than glass and glass isn't high on my list. I found one in the architectonics line by waterworks but it's too thick for my application (would protrude beyond bartop mounted above it). It's also very expensive at $55-90/sf for what I find to be a fairly plain tile but I think it's because it's made to order.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for 1.5 x 6 or 1.5 x anything tile?

Check out Fireclay Tile -- beautiful handmade tile, not cheap (but less than what you quoted for the waterworks tile).

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireclay Tile

o

Thank you, sjhockeyfan. I'm sure I'm missing it but I don't see anything listed at 1.5" - might I be looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks again!

o

Sorry, I meant to ask whether it has to be 1.5" or if 1" or 2" would work. I now realize from the title of your thread you NEED 1.5".

o

I could do something that's 1" but I think it'll get too busy... I've basically got 5 inches to fill. (actually 5 3/8)

Thanks though! I've looked at some of their tile before and it is beautiful!

o

With 5-3/8" to fill (including grout lines), maybe 2" would work? 2-2-1 plus grout lines? With 1-1/2", you'd still have to cut one row - 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, ?

o

I wondered about possibly doing 2 - 1 - 2 - would that be super weird? Maybe with a liner in the middle?

I think I'd be okay with three rows of 1.5 and fill up the 7/8 remaining with the grout lines.

I've thought about also doing 2.5 subway from Grazia but I'm not positive about 2 rows of tile. I'm also a little concerned about it competing with the 2" mitered edge of my stone. Ack!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here