Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssdarb

Layout help/opinions

ssdarb
10 years ago

Hello, here are my 2 current options for my kitchen layout. The reason there are 2 is because I am struggling with the microwave placement. I like cheap MWs that are easily replaced, not built in or drawer style. So I really only need a spot for it and to pkug it in. Right now it is above a set of double ovens and that is too high up. In the remodel, I could put it in the island, but it would still have to be a standard MW, requiring leaning down, etc. With that arrangement, I can have 30" double ovens and a separate 36" induction cooktop, an arrangement that I really like. If we decide not to put the MW in the island, then I think it could go above 1 wall oven. And then I would have to choose a range (can't find a 36" induction range) to get the second oven or do an induction cooktop over wall oven in the spot where a range would go, or choose a duel fuel range and stay with gas in order to get the larger cooktop surface.

We are not moving any walls. I drew these on powerpoint. Note where the windows and doors are at the bottom of the page going out to the patio. And the most used traffic path is from the front side door (upper left) or from the stairs into the kitchen. The family room area is to the left of the page. And the people entering the kitchen from the living room or garage are towards the top right of the page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (4)