Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linjbo

Silvery Blue walls - need recommendation

linjbo
11 years ago

I need a recommendation for kitchen wall color. I want a color that reads silver/gray/blue. I don't want it to read baby blue and I don't want it to read dingy gray. The goal is to compliment the flecks in my Emerald Pearl granite, which is stark black with flecks of a silvery/blue/gray color. I want something on the soft side. FYI we have white cabinets.

Comments (19)

• dfpotterri
    11 years ago

Try Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage or Benjamin Moore's Vapor Trails 1556 .

• boxerpups
    11 years ago

Is your blue pearl like this?

Or more like this?

I love Glass Slipper by Benjamin Moore

Gentle Haze BM

Light Blue #22 Farrow and Ball

Parma Gray Farrow and Ball

Sassy Blue by Sherwin Williams

I love this cowboy blue by Ralph Lauren

I know this French Silver looks really gray but
    next to a blue blue pearl blue it looks lovely.

• linjbo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

boxerpups - my granite is actually Emerald Pearl but if I had to say which it's closer to...probably the second one you posted. Thanks to all for the suggestions...keep 'em comin'! The link below shows my old cabinets but current granite.

Here is a link that might be useful: Emerald Pearl Granite

• new_to_sc
    11 years ago

We just finished our remodel and used BM Stonington Gray. Definitely has a blue undertone. Our cabinets are white also.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Sherwin Williams Network Gray

• home4all6
    11 years ago

benjamin moore--quiet moments
    love it in my kitchen. It is a gray i think, but reads blueish at many points during the day. I adore it!

• prill
    11 years ago

I have Martha Stewart Cumulous Cloud from Home Depot in a downstairs
    bedroom and small bathroom.
    It looks nothing like the little sample card they have. You can get them to mix a little sample of it and try it in your room. Paints always look different in different lighting.

• farmgirlinky
    11 years ago

In the Benjamin Moore Aura series there is a nice color called "Tranquility" -- a blue-gray that looks nice with the paler "Constellation"
    Lynn

• home4all6
    11 years ago

I meant to add more...

Quiet Moments reads exactly as you describe, "a color that reads silver/gray/blue. I don't want it to read baby blue and I don't want it to read dingy gray."

I have some pics of it here, but I tested it on my walls with many others, and they all were too dingy or too bright. (I actually thought I wanted more of a blue, but this one was my favorite.) My counters are defintiely gray, though, so the walls may look bluer next to them? My cabinets are BM-White dove (or dove white?)

• willtv
    11 years ago

Ours may be too blue for you but here it is.

The walls are a 50/50 mix of BM Metallic Silver and Pigeon Grey.
    BTW our counters are Blue In The Night Granite.

• redroze
    11 years ago

Two options for you.

Wickham Gray reads more blue than gray

Horizon reads more gray than blue

Here is a link that might be useful: Guest bathroom

• NewSouthernBelle
    11 years ago

I used BM Colorado Gray, which despite the name probably reads more blue than grey but it is definitely not baby blue, despite how it looks in this and all my pictures. It's one of those colors that changes throughout the day and into the evening. During the day it is pretty calm and relxing, spa-like but at night it still has enough color and doesn't fade away to nothing but a dreary grey. This was my dilema when deciding - some of the colors I liked during the day, I didn't like at night. I don't know if it would be silver enough for you though. I'd call it a sophiscated blue with grey tendencies.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

You might look at these Sherwin Williams colors: Krypton, Silvermist, Silver Strand, Misty.

We were looking for the same thing and ended up going with SW Comfort Gray. So far it's looking more green than blue, but it's pretty.

Good luck!

• kendog2
    11 years ago

I like Sherwin Williams Samovar Silver. It looks like very gray on the chip. One interior designer described it as the perfect mix of gray and blue. I think It's one shade darker than Misty, a color that mpagmom suggested. Misty seemed too pale on our walls. Here is a photo from Decorpad of Samovar Silver

Another Samovar Silver photo

This is Stonington Gray. We haven't used this color but a lot of people seem to like it. It's more gray than blue but has blue undertones.

Best of luck with your search. I found it most helpful to buy the sample pots, paint poster boards and try them in different places on the wall.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Vancouver Day, BM Aura. Used for kitchen area and hallway too,I liked it so much.

This replaced a baby blue, which I could not stand. Definitely silvery blue grey, good in all lights.

• Kay M
    11 years ago

We have Blue Pearl GT Granite with cholocate cabs, and wanted a grey/blue wall color. The color we went with initially when we renovated (last year), I found to be too dark/grey and hated immediately. We just repainted with the color of our master bathroom, which I love...Eddie Bauer Woodsmoke from Lowes. I haven't taken many pics since we repainted, but here are a couple from my cell...

Unfortunately, colors don't photograph well, but good luck to you.

• colorfast
    11 years ago

I just did New Hope Gray from BM in our bathroom...it definitely has a blue undertone in the room. This was my second try; my first looked too "baby blue."

Would definitely recommend you getting a quart or sample to paint on your wall before committing.

Good luck!

• NewSouthernBelle
    11 years ago

While trying to figure out what to paint my living room, I came across a few other colors that might meet your needs. All BM - Silver Spring, Smoke Gray, Smokestack Gray, Nimbus Gray and Silver Gray.

Keep us posted with what you try and end up using.