Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen remodel

Posted by nannette123 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 10:56

We are remodeling a small condo kitchen & are trying to decide between Kraftmaid cabinets in the willow maple & ultra craft cabinets painted a special Benjamin Moore color. Which cabinets are better quality & what are the must haves? I.e. all plywood construction? I want to make sure with the kitchen people that I'm getting the quality that I am paying for. Also, if we order from Lowes where do we find a good person to install. We have priced out general contractors & they are charging about 4,000.00 more to install & order the cabinets through them. The condo is smaller than 10' x 10' & the quotes are coming I. Around 11,000.00 which is much higher than same Kraftmaid at Lowes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen remodel

You might want to do some searches of gardenweb for info on your questions. Use google as it works better then the search feature here. Google "gardenweb kraftmaid" or "gardenweb plywood cabinet construction" etc.

If you don't find enough info in the searches then start a new thread with a more specific question and title. Also try breaking up your questions into different more specific threads. Such as a thread called "is plywood cabinet constuction a must". That is just an example as if you search you will find a ton of into on various construction types. "kitchen remodel" is too vague.

Also, read the "new to kitchen..." thread posted by buehl that floats around on page 1 or 2. There you will find most of the answers to your questions and info on how to post threads to get the most responses.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here