Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formerlymotherof3sons

Countdown to BS Install

motherof3sons
11 years ago

T-Minus 1:21:50

After waiting for months, the backsplash is finally being installed on Monday. To say I am excited and over-the-edge nervous is an understatement. This house has been obstacle after obstacle. Not one room is complete and I just want something FINISHED.

As many of you know, I fell in love with the flower design tile by Glazzio. It is gorgeous and I still love the tile. With that being said, I am now second guessing my selection. Yes, it is that angst that we all have experienced. I worry that I did not consider other tile. Subway was our original choice, but when we saw the flower tile it just screamed "Me, me, me - pick me!"

If it were not mid-morning I could hit the sauce - and no, I do not mean tomato. Though a Bloody Mary does have tomato juice! Oh please kitchen friends keep me in your thoughts. I will post pics next week.

Comments (32)

• finestra
    11 years ago

I had the same feeling. And am so glad I went with what made my heart sing. Enjoy your soon to be finished BS!

• heidihausfrau
    11 years ago

It will be fine! I too have second guessed every decision I have made along the way. Other kind GW folks have assured me it is normal and part of this journey.

So I am assuring you that it will be perfect, and every morning you will wake up, look at it, and say,"hello gorgeous!". With or without a bloody Mary!!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Deep breath! I can't wait to see it. And surely it's 5pm somewhere in the world, right? ;)

• msrose
    11 years ago

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not second guessing your choice :) I think it will be gorgeous! I'm dying to see which flower you chose.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Not giving anything away but I KNOW it will be gorgeous!

Motherof3sons, in what state are you? Just wondering whether I will get to see in person ever....though I don't mind the occasional road trip!

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! I tacked it up on the wall and must say it still brings a smile to my face.

OB2B - I dwell in the Land of Lincoln. I would LOVE for you to come visit!!! Plenty of room at the ranch for you to stay! What about your state?

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Exciting! I can't wait to see your masterpiece!
    From your neighboring state in the MW :-)

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

What a kind offer, but my family never comes and stays. We prefer lightning fast visits. But next time we're in the state, I'll reach out to see we are able to arrange a kitchen and house tour.

Please feel free to do the same - we're about 20 miles North of Boston, but do give me a couple weeks' notice so I can start cleaning.... Best, oldbat2be

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We have family in Boston we hope to visit next fall! No cleaning necessary! A2 which state?

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Oh I hope you do!!! Plan on coming for a meal, bring the family too (I do like cooking for a crowd!)..

• msrose
    11 years ago

So, do we get to see it tomorrow or are you going to make us wait until it's grouted :)

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I promise msrose to give a sneak peek. You have been patient!

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well the tile contractor is delayed two days. No backsplash until Wednesday.

• msrose
    10 years ago

Oh no! I'm (I mean you must be) so disappointed.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Oh....the agony of the wait!! More booze? ;)

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update, how disappointing for you (and of course, us). Very much hope Wednesday stays on schedule. Best, oldbat2be

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Well??? Pictures please!!

• grlwprls
    10 years ago

Your tile is just a different colorway of mine, right? It will be fine. Of all the things I love in my kitchen, I love the tile the "mostest"!

It is so bright and fresh! I can't wait to see your install pictures.

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My, oh my - what a week!!! I have to say I absolutely LOVE the tile. DH and I keep walking into the kitchen and just **sigh**. It even looks good from our screen porch.

The young couple doing the install are just fantastic. They are all of 26 or 27 years old. Both were trained by his grandfather, a master installer. Their story is so unique and it is evident in the quality of their work.

Here is pic after the install today.

• KBSpider
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! I would sigh every time, too, if I could look at that every day....

• aliceinjersey
    10 years ago

that's just lovely

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

How wonderful! I love it and want to see some close ups of the gorgeous tile! I am so glad that GP passed on his skills to his grandkids. That makes it so much more special.

• buildinva
    10 years ago

Love it!!!!!

• msrose
    10 years ago

Perfecto!!

Yes, we need to see some closeups when it's finished.

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful!

• grlwprls
    10 years ago

See? Toldja! It's so perfect isn't it? I like to recline on my sofa and turn my head so I can stare at the tile for *hours*. I'm so glad I installed an arch over my uncased opening...just makes it more perfect.

Funny about your story. My tile was installed by a young man and his girlfriend. She had taught him how to do the installing - a skill she learned from her grandfather who was also a master tile setter - but she still does all the fine cuts. They were a lovely team and are coming back to install the floor in our first floor powder room.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

I personally need more pictures . Is it grouted now?

• motherof3sons
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! We absolutely love the backsplash. The tile setters finished grouting Friday and WOW! I plan to post pictures soon! Since we moved I am unable to locate my camera charger. The cell phone pics just don't do it justice.

Hope everyone has a dry weekend. Since Thursday evening we have 5 3/4" of rain. Thank goodness it is not snow!

• msrose
    10 years ago

I just noticed if I click on the picture, I can see it better!

• enduring
    10 years ago

Wonderful and I love the human touch regarding the story that you learned from the installers.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Such a beautiful Backsplash! Your kitchen looks very lovely. I would love to see pictures of the entire kitchen. Pretty please???

• corgimum
    10 years ago

I love that backsplash! Can you tell me how tall each flower is? I tried to xerox some copies of that tile a few weeks ago and the flowers overwhelmed me. But they look fine in your photos so I may have made them too big.