Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed: Quality of Kemper Cerise Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by NJKitch (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 10:50

We are trying to redo our Kitchen and looking at various brands in moderate price range (Kemper, Executive, Armstrong, Chinese JWQ)

Recently got a quote for Kemper $13k for 10x12 kitchen and price seems reasonable for American brand. When I google for the review on Kemper kitchen cabinets, I see lot of unhappy customers in 2008, 2009.
I am wondering has recently anybody bought Kemper and how is it? I am at NJ and looking for mid range all wood construction (plywood box), soft close, full drawer extension, dove tail joint cabinets.

Can you help me with feedback on Kemper brand and/or lead on any other in similar price range that is better.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed: Quality of Kemper Cerise Kitchen Cabinets

It's one of the lowest priced real cherry doors that are decent quality with a good selection of heart and sapwood and a great finish. Most other ''cherry'' doors in that price range aren't really cherry. In the import world, they are usually beech or birch with a cherry stain. Not at all the same quality level, and frankly they are intentionally misleading in the descriptions.

One of the last projects I did before I retired was a whole house in Cerise. Kitchen, dining buffet, pantry cabinets, entertainment cabinet, entry bench and storage, 5 bathrooms, all of it. Was right around 50K for all of that, which was an astoundingly cheap price for a whole giant truckload's worth of cabinets at that quality level.

o

How is the quality of the Kemper cabinets? I notice mixed reviews online, more of negative comments

o

I installed Kemper cabinets in 2005 and they are like new! Very solid, close easily.

o

if it helps at all, kemper, diamond and schrock are the same cabinets.

o

I sell Kemper. They are nice quality middle of the road cabinets. Not the highest priced and best, but good quality. I've only had minor incidental issues with them, just like any line has at any time. As a whole, their quality control is great.

o

Thanks for the feedback on Kemper. My wife wants more design choices on door style (with rope etc.). Apparently, not many of these choices in Kemper.

Any other American brand choices with reasonable price in NJ, PA or NY area.

o

She does know that she's past the "moderate" price point right? Right into not at all cheap territory. Look at the step up brand, Dynasty.

o

thanks!

This post was edited by NJKitch on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 21:31

o

You may want to consider Decora or Dynasty. Both are part of the same MasterBrand family as Kemper. They are at a slightly higher price point than Kemper because they are more premium brands, but they offer an extensive collection of door styles, finishes, and features that may interest you. Any cabinetry remodel is a major investment, but it is one that you will enjoy for many years to come. I would suggest looking into Avignon or Cambridge door styles in Decora and perhaps Marco or Melbourne in Dynasty. One of those may have the style you crave. Here are the websites for each brand. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!

http://www.decoracabinets.com/

http://www.dynastycabinetry.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here