Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NXR range - side insulation needed?

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 10:46

Is insulation or heat panels needed on the NXR range needed? If so, what is that I order or need to do ... and does it require a wider than 36" space to do so?

Kitchen cabinet production on hold for 24 hours to determine if more space is needed for containing heat from the range sides.

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NXR range - side insulation needed?

I am getting a RNB 36" bluestar and will have thermafoil cabinets. I am wondering the same thing. the BS doesn't have a self clean which I have heard can be particularly damaging. I have done a little research but can't seem to find the actual "heat deflecting metal" or how/where exactly to install it. Are you having any space between your range and cabinets (i.e. a spacer) I have read that you should have 3 inches on either side which is totally stressing me out because I don't have 6 inches to give up to "space".

o

Okay I just called bluestar and they said their ranges are built for zero cabinet clearance on the sides and back you just have to make sure the range sits forward (as outlined in the installation instructions) so the oven door is in front of the doors on the cabinet because the heat vents from the front. Perhaps you can call NXR or refer to their installation manual to see what they recommend?

o

The NXR installation manual says that 0" clearance is okay:

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR installation manual

o

Thanks for the zero clearance information.

I have seen posts about these type ovens getting really hot - I don't know if this is a defect or somewhat standard - and whether or not I could do something to prevent damage.

o

In case anyone is reading this while considering the NXR - I'm looking at the NXR installation manual linked above, and it looks to me like it actually says it needs 2" gap on either side of the stove.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR installation manual

o

GardnerDev - I am still reading this. The NXR was installed zero clearance in our ktichen - haven't started using it yet though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here