Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kompy_gw

Whitehaus faucet died. Help..Need opinions on Hansgrohe?

kompy
15 years ago

Yeah, I'm a KD, but I don't often hear feedback on people's faucets...so I need your help and opinions!

I really like the looks of the Hansgrohe Allegro. I like that the handle is on top yet the body has a nice graceful arch.

I don't like faucets with side handles or straight/angular faucet bodies.

This faucet is fairly new and I can't find any reviews on it.

If you have it, do you like it?

If you have something similar, what is it and why do you like it?

I need to made a decision soon. My Whithaus Collection faucet bit the dust. It was not a cheap faucet (over $400) and is only 7 years old. It started leaking a few months ago and now the aerator has fallen apart. I don't want to try to fix it. The faucet is discontinued and I just want to get rid of it.

The Hansgrohe Allegro that I'm interested in is linked below. I'm also open to the Kohler Forte which looks similar but costs less.

Thanks KOMPY

Here is a link that might be useful: Hansgrohe Allegro

Comments (9)

• haileysuper
    15 years ago

This maybe isn't as helpful as you need, but I just ordered this faucet from Faucets Direct, haven't received it yet- it's on a 2 week backorder. I did see it in person at a higher end kitchen store and it is just gorgeous. They had it at a working sink and it was really easy to use and felt very natural in my hand.

I'm sure it is subject to much abuse in a store setting, but it still looked great. The store employee said it was a Mercedes of faucets. I'm with you- I don't like the side handles either.

My brother in law just bought the Kohler Forte from Faucets Direct and I can say I prefer the Hansgrohe both on looks and function. I was able to test out his Kohler and I don't like how his spray button is on the sides. Much more elegant to have it on the top. He is really happy with it though so I don't think you could go wrong either way.

• lascatx
    15 years ago

I read before that you had not been happy with your Whitehaus. I'm sorry to hear that one died -- mine is 2+ years old and I love it. The Whitehaus were very well rated in a quality review posted in a link here. I hope yours was an exception.

The Hansgrohe Allegro is handsome.

• kompy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks haileysuper, that WAS helpful. I will check with my supplier and see if they have it!
    Thanks! kompy

ps. I have the Forte on display and it's OK...but feels a little light weight. Did you think the hansgrohe felt heavier??

pss. my supplier will have in stock next week!

• haileysuper
    15 years ago

Kompy- I'm glad I was helpful. It was probably at least a month between the times I saw the two faucets, but I think the Hansgrohe may have been heavier.

Are you thinking of getting the Chrome or the Steel Optic? I saw the Chrome faucet, but I went with the Steel Optic. How exciting to have it in stock next week! I was bummed it was on backorder since I waited too long to order. But now two of my Medallion cabinets had to be remade so now my counters are pushed back anyways. So it all works out.

If you think of it let me know how you like the Hansgrohe. I'd be interested in your opinion.

• homepro01
    15 years ago

Costco is having a great offer on the Hansgrohe faucets right now. I think $189 for a particular color combination but don't quote me. I have Hansgrohe showerheads and they are absolutely perfect. I really like the quality of Hansgrohe products. I am considering getting the Hansgrohe Axor for my second kitchen sink. It is a toss up between the KWC and the Axor.

Good luck!

• kompy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lascatx, I really liked the faucet the first couple of years, but then the handle got really stiff...turning water on and off was not smooth (effortless) like many good quality faucets are. I have the Beluga series. I don't like the ball socket type handle design. Dirt and crud gets into that area and it's hard to clean. What kind do you have?

I sold the same faucet to a client of mine and she came to me about a year ago complaining of the same things I'm complaining about. So, I just think that model had some serious design flaws, as it's discontinued. The Beluga series is still around, but they may have redesigned them some. I felt bad that my customer was unhappy with it....I offered to sell her any faucet at my cost. I think she just got it fixed.

Hailey, I have a stainless faucet now (stainless appliances and brushed nickel hardware and lighting too). My husband and co-worker both think I should get the stainless finish again. But that chrome is SO pretty with the Allegro design, I am SO tempted to go with it! Here's my kitchen below....what do you guys think? I think either would be OK, maybe I just need to make DH happy.

• haileysuper
    15 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! I agree- either finish would look great. I got the stainless because my DH liked it and also because the chrome is a little too shiny for me.

• Fori
    15 years ago

I have the larger faucet in the Allegro line and really like it. It's been in around 6 months now and will stick around in the new kitchen, should that ever happen.

I have chrome and it gets wiped down very rarely (I won't say how rarely) and it always cleans up easily. Of course chrome usually does...it's nice quality.

• lisahart29
    9 years ago

My Whitehaus bar faucet ($576) hasn't worked properly since it was installed over a month ago (drips constantly and loudly, so I've had to turn off the water). I've been working with the retailer (Vintage tub) and the manufacturer (Whitehaus) via numerous emails & phone calls since then, and I still haven't gotten them to replace it. It's very frustrating.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm