Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cakelly1226

A2gemini! Do we have countertops yet? Dying to see!

cakelly1226
12 years ago

I also have some more backsplash ideas for you. I have made total peace with mine but miss designing!

Comments (7)

• outsideplaying_gw
    12 years ago

Don't mean to hijack your thread, CKGM, but what is your 'peace'? I missed your decision somewhere!

• cakelly1226
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh you missed a lot then! I put in Grazia melange butter blend and hated it- cried for days. Now that the kitchen is all together I have to say it wasn't the safest choice but does work. I just had a more modern take on my kitchen in my head. Everyone else loves it with the granite and I like it. I would say though that I might have chosen differently but too late now!
    Posting pics later today when they put the glass cab doors back up- main kitchen area is all complete after that!
    Thanks for asking:)

• outsideplaying_gw
    12 years ago

Was that the photo you posted on the other thread that everyone thought was too 'muddy'? I guess I saw that but thought you were mulling over a paint change again. I guess you can say it is only 'paint', but even that can be a real chore! Your granite and cabs were beautiful! I think it will look better when you get things in place.

• fouramblues
    12 years ago

I'm dying to see your counters, too, a2gemini!! (I can live vicariously through you for a while, right?)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

CK and Four - I am dying to see them also. Have to wait until April 27th for the install!
    Cabinets progressing. I posted a few on other posts, but will post a few teasers here (yes, Four, the answer is yes)

West wall (I could only do one glass front as I am not all that organized to show off multiple cabinets). The box to the left is my mock up sink and faucet to decide on final faucet placement! We are also moving the double light switch to the dining room as current placement will split the backsplash and really no way to go further since the door does not have a "frame".

South Wall - microwave goes away - GC keeping us kitchen operational as much as possible (but no sink or faucet right now)

North wall - note the paint samples inside the oven box - we chickened out on the etruscan and went more neutral

East wall - "MINE!" - my cave. DH has a matching one on the other side with a bench between. I put power inside to charge "toys". Also power at bottom of bench

Still undecided on back splash - I have not ruled out basic tile (CK) or possibly back painted glass tile - larger format but not templates.

Stay tuned - hope to have it painted by the weekend!

• fouramblues
    12 years ago

Wow, your cabinetry looks spectacular, a2! The cave concept is inspired. :)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Thanks!
    Both KDs who bid on the kitchen put the bench on the south wall.
    I felt it was too linear. I designed the caves as both of us have too much stuff roaming around and having a home will help declutter the area.
    Initially planned on a cave for DH and a desk for me - but then I decided on a pair of caves - who says only guys can have caves!!!

Today, they started to add molding and also painting. I think I am going to like my paint choice - BM Coastal Path. Hope to have some new pictures this weekend but not sure the weather is going to cooperate.

What did you decide on glass?